Yet another benefit of paddling.

I’ve got a ganglion cyst in my left wrist that comes and goes in size. It looked like a marble until I paddled 5 miles. Gone!
Since I am back to paddling regularly, maybe it will behave itself.
The guy I taught to paddle said I .at be bending my wrist too much. >:)

I heard that 100 years ago or so, a really common way to treat a ganglion cyst in the wrist was to have the unfortunate victim place his forearm and wrist flat against a tabletop, with the cyst facing up, while a second person struck the person’s wrist with all their strength, using — the family Bible. The story that made it down a few generations in my family is that in those days people believed that the Bible added some special quality to the impact, and people never considered that a burst cyst might only be a burst cyst regardless of the “brand of hammer” that was used. I like your cure better.

We can talk. Not riding my bike for a long time makes my left knee hurt. Have to get some therapy rides for relief.

I had one on my knee for years - it eventually grew to the size of a golf ball. It never caused me any problems, and came and went a couple of times before the doctor recommended that I have it surgically removed. I had the surgery done, and it grew back within a few months, so I had to have the surgery done again. This time the doctor had to open up the joint to remove the root that was causing the cyst to grow back.

Hope yours is gone for good, but don’t be surprised if it reappears.

That’s all better than #2 that had a cyst that disappeared during each chemo series. The cure was worse than the cyst.

This was round ?. The things like to keep coming back. My GP told me the surgery isn’t very successful at getting rid of them.
So, as Frank in Miami would say, I’ll PADDLE ON.

@string said:
This was round ?. The things like to keep coming back. My GP told me the surgery isn’t very successful at getting rid of them.

Took two attempts before surgery worked for me. They are persistent little buggers.

I’ve had one on my right wrist for years. It grows and shrinks by itself but paddling does seem to help shrink it. I burst it myself a couple times - once working on a car and getting my hand stuck between the radiator core support and an alternator on an old Toyota. Pulled my hand up and raked across it and it was gone the next day. Another time when it was marble sized I took a nice long motorcycle ride (about 3 hours) and it was gone the next day. It’s been pretty small for a couple years now so I don’t pay much attention to it.

No cysts, but last week I pulled something in my right wrist while doing a Romanian deadlift using hand weights. Wore a wrist brace then switched to tape. A few days later I threw caution to the wind and paddled. Afterwards my wrist felt normal. Paddling does have healing qualities!

@Rookie said:
No cysts, but last week I pulled something in my right wrist while doing a Romanian deadlift …

Lifting dead Romanians?
Mind your latin! (or be a Slav)
A corpus wristi snatch-n-jerk
throws in hat just like Odd Job.

Hands up there! Now weight a minute!
Take up a paddle to a cyst,
that rudder sense of hopelessness
with particle of wrist.

:smiley: