You know the seasons are changing when

No changes here…
Same old story…
We are under hurricane warning…

Good luck with it - I’m sure we all wish you, and all the others facing the dangers of the season, well. You are experienced in dealing with hurricanes and know what to do. The universally applicable saying “And this, too, shall pass away” applies to this season as well , I think. Please just see to it that you’re there to see it after it passes. Best wishes.

Very nice pics from sissy and string.

Couple more signs of changing seasons popped up today. The trees on the Paw Paw river were nearly bare (which made for an interesting contrast to the record 75 degree temps). And, decided to turn around early when I got too close for comfort to a hunter using their shotgun.

2 Likes

Seasons here in Michigan’s north woods are bouncing around, changing from a cold, wet October and four inches of snow the first weekend of November, then the gift of an spectacular Indian Summer featuring sunshine and temps in the high 60s and low 70s, some record-breaking. Beautiful days and no other boats on the water (except today I saw six other kayakers).

My snow tires go on at 10 a.m. tomorrow, then loading the boat and heading out as the NWS says just one more day before temps start dropping.

3 Likes

Snow tires and the rack is off the roof. If I am lucky, I get one last chance and I put the rack and the canoe back on!!

hope all is well down there.
Theta not a worry for us, more likely to hit Greece then us.
hey, what comes after the Greek alphabet
(just kidding - I hope)

1 Like

LOL Maybe Elves or Reindeer names… i.e. Sneezy, Dancer… :sunglasses::

When a beaster of no’easter meets Canary Island twister,
mid-Atlantic mid-December like hula dancer twirlin’ sister,
as two blips on radar screen jetstream dippin’ Alberta’s Clipper,
it be insane Hurricane Santa de Satan’s Jack-of-all D. Ripper

1 Like

Greek ABCs have 24 letters. … That’s just too many. Of course The Weather Channel names winter storms too.

I was thinking runes.

1 Like

You also know that the seasons are changing when the rivers are very low.

1 Like

When the hatch-covers are a bit stiffer.

1 Like

Oh, when those meteorologists Druid up they were sure there’d be plenty things left in runes!

Its cool enough to sleep comfortably at night and no motors ruin the peace of an early morning.

2 Likes

River’s running low.
Skim-ice crackles in the eddy.
Barren limbs shiver in breeze.
Land is stolid yet there’s unsteady.

Sense of nature in retreat.
Golden cast gloams quick to night.
When weak sun next day recovers,
squinting eye fights the harsh light.

Through a wood in somber picket,
oak and hickory seem but splinter,
scratching cross this solemn sky,
that will soon lay down with winter.

2 Likes

When it is 3 degrees with 8 inches of snow in Nevada.

The buzzards migrate back to the boat ramp for the winter. We have about two dozen that winter over here.

The eagle pairs population also increases in fall. Some migrate …some are residents.