Your favorite weather app?

Many great recommendations here. One thing to watch out for and consider…your privacy! Not many know these apps or their partners troll your phone for data. Google, via Google Play, with try to obtain your first/last name, e-mail, phone, IP address, GPS location, cookies from other sites you’ve visited, your phone type, memory, settings, and more! The App iteself may say they don’t track you, or only for specific info, but most don’t set their Apps up properly to deny Google access. It’s common to find this tracking on NOAA sites as well as non-government sites. Be informed, make your choices.

1 Like

@KonaGolden, yeah, its a real roll of the dice. Actually. Using the phone is a sure deal that everything you say is on record. You don’t have to leave home. Samsung was sued because the television mic feature was always on. Alexis hears everything. All you can do is control which entity listens and when.

So…sadly, Dark Sky is gone.

Now I just call a guy I know, Luke Outtavindow, and ask him about the weather. He’s usually pretty accurate.

1 Like

Most of the time, I use wunderground through a web browser. I especially like the 10-day graphical weather view. It’s hard to go back to text-based and tabular forecasts after getting used to it. Their wundermap is nice too. The downside is slow loading times unless you’ve got a new-ish phone on 5G.

I keep a small weather widget on the home screen just to show the temp & current weather. I’m presently using Hello Weather, the paid version, because it has a great data privacy policy. Most of the weather apps out there are data harvesters.

1 Like