Fall Rendezvous 2017 Dates

The truth can now be told. The Bob.com is actually RoboBob, an android.

I never say never. I bought a home outside the U.S., and if it were up to me, I’d disappear there forever. Probably a good thing that I’m not left to my own devices however, as reclusiveness, no matter how enticing is NOT a good thing for me. At least not yet anyway. I’m usually not the type to let things stand in the way of actually living life, but as for now the bigger fish I have to fry are standing up looking me straight in the eye. As much as I enjoy my freedom, it’s become obvious that it’s not my plan anymore. Still on the water often. Just in a more therapeutic nature for myself, and others. I’ve been getting my healing through helping/serving others. Love that you all are continuing on though. Paddle on ~

Now that you mention it, Bob did sort of twitch, and a small puff of smoke come out of one ear that day he went in the water.

I should have said that he was like a McD frenchfry. Still think about the McSlurry story often. My apologies for hi-jacking your post. As you were.

Not to worry Tony. The thread was badly in need of a bump anyhow. Do as you need. May your path proceed by its own design. Our paths will again cross when they are meant to.

Just as a reminder - if you want a specific campsite at Pulltite you may want to reserve it, walkin season doesn’t start until 10/16 after we leave. Reservations can be made at Recreation.gov. Rob and I have a site that we like, so I just reserved it, we as usual will be in site #23. I can’t believe we are only 2 months away, can’t wait to see everyone!

I’m hoping to join again, my work schedule would allow me to arrive Wednesday night and stay late Friday to be back at work saturday…just did 21 miles on the current a few weeks ago…amazing! Got some great pics of cave spring.

I am happy to be able to get into, and out of my canoe, and make it from the put in to the takeout without very much assistance Tony. Having your very own private nurse is beneficial.

I challenge you to put in an appearance at a Redezvous in the near future. We’d love to see you, and spend some time on the river with you again.

Heck! I’ll even let you use my Mad River Flashback I for a day float; then stay close to you with a camera to record for history what occurs. Only two paddlers ([Pam & Pete) , if I remember correctly, even volunteered to" give it a go" in virtually still water, on a lunch break. Pam appeared to be “very” happy to get back to shore. Pete handled it quite well.

PJC does quite well in the one; he’s had multi hours of seat time in the one I sold to him a couple of years ago.

Take care of yourself in your travels Tony…
Would love to see you, but as John Wayne often said in his movies,
“A man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do”!

BOB

Tony, you’re missing great paddling companions…

Here’s Gandalf (aka PJC), paddling with a couple of"“hobbit’s”.

(aka PJC).

@tssplash said:
I should have said that he was like a McD frenchfry. Still think about the McSlurry story often. My apologies for hi-jacking your post. As you were.

So good to see you’re well, Tony! Think of you often, my friend, especially when I hear Keith Whitley on the radio!

Try as I might, I could not get it to let me reserve our favorite, #32, even though it was available? Finally figured it out, they’ve somehow changed it to a “Handicapped” site. So, my next choice was #28, but it was taken. Hopefully, one of us? So, we ended up with #26. Numbers 26 and 28 are above a nice gravel bar, courtesy of the Spring flood of 2017. One of a few “Silver linings” to that cloud. It will be a nice launch and takeout spot for the group when we do Pulltite to RS and Akers to Pulltite.

Here’s a slideshow of past Fall Rendezvous: http://www.pbase.com/ozarkpaddler/fall_ozark_rendezvous&view=slideshow

Kevin and I are in site 28. We have to look for one that will fit the travel trailer so we reserved a month or so ago. However we reserved beginning Sunday night, 8 October, and we now won’t be able to make it until Monday. My reservation won’t disappear if we don’t show up the first night, will it?

Oh, and I do have a Mad River Freedom 14 solo river boat for sale, if anyone wants to buy it. I will bring it from Utah if there is some serious interest. We will be in the Prospector.

Here is last week at cave spring on the current.

@CanoePam said:
Kevin and I are in site 28. We have to look for one that will fit the travel trailer so we reserved a month or so ago. However we reserved beginning Sunday night, 8 October, and we now won’t be able to make it until Monday. My reservation won’t disappear if we don’t show up the first night, will it?

Oh, and I do have a Mad River Freedom 14 solo river boat for sale, if anyone wants to buy it. I will bring it from Utah if there is some serious interest. We will be in the Prospector.

ALL RIGHT! Good to know you two are our next-door neighbors! And your reservation shouldn’t be affected. We plan to be there Tuesday.

Good to hear from you Tony. Sounds like you’re doing well. Hope to see you on a Rendezvous in the near future. Would be good to paddle with you and some of the other “old timers” who haven’t been around for a few years like Sloopsailor and Wally. Take care of yourself. (notice that my now bald head is covered by an often worn hat)

Can’t wait for Rendezvous but I will be on the Current this weekend - taking a girl from work and her cousin, took them last year and they loved it, this year we’ll paddle Pulltite to Round Spring. Next weekend is girls trip with Jo Anne and Margaret - 2 nights, 3 days river camping from Pulltite to Two Rivers - none of us have been past Round Spring in years so should be a great trip. See everyone else soon!

@tssplash said:
Hi gang. Good to see you all are still hanging in there.

Dropped in to have a look-see what’s going on. Am thrilled to see the user name tssplash. Tony … here is one of my favorite paddling photos from what must be well over 10 years old. That hat and the greenland style kayak design is unmistakable. Hope you are doing well.
Bill Turner

One more month, actually a few less for those of us early arrivals. Here’s a little sneak-peak of the river from day-before yesterday.

Heading out for our Boys of Fall Canoe Trip on the Current River this Friday, Sep. 29th. Will down river camp from Cedar Grove to Two Rivers.

I plan to arrive at Pulltite for the Rendezvous some time on the afternoon of Sunday, Oct. 8th. See you all then.

I think you should change the name of your group to “The Fall Guys”.