Aluminum Michicraft Project

:smiley:

Where’s CWD when you need him? He’s much better with this stuff…

I totally have to name a boat “Oops” some day…

@Schuylkill said:

@Rookie said:

@Schuylkill said:
Buff it out to a reasonable shine. I don’t think paint will help :smiley:

It looks like a bad Jackson Pollock painting.

Respectfully questioning; is there a good Jackson Pollcok painting?

:smiley: Not in my book, but then, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

A confession: I have no artistic ability whatsoever but once, in my wild child days, I painted splashes of color on a canvas, stuck it in a cheap frame, snuck it into the Detroit Institute of Arts under my coat, then put it on display in a gallery. They didn’t notice it for a week.

In defense of Pollock, I happen to be a major fan of abstract art, especially of the artists in the era of :Pollock, Most is what is on my walls is abstract works. My husband was a gallery director and I learned to see it, got to where I liked it better than realistic… There is nothing Jim Brooks or Rothko and a few others ever did that I don’t love. The nicest Pollock I have seen in person is in the (name corrected) Art Institute of Chicago.

But I did have to spend time looking at it to see it. Most people aren’t interested enough to spend that time or near enough to collections of the good stuff to have that time be useful.

Pollock’s personal life had flaws aplenty. But his wife Lee Krasner did survive and her work has been getting its due in more recent decades, when the art world owned up to giving short shrift to women artists.

@Rookie said:
A confession: I have no artistic ability whatsoever but once, in my wild child days, I painted splashes of color on a canvas, stuck it in a cheap frame, snuck it into the Detroit Institute of Arts under my coat, then put it on display in a gallery. They didn’t notice it for a week.

I could hang out with you.

1 Like

@Celia, then let it be said that there are in fact good Pollock paintings. I am certainly one of those people that does not understand abstract. Art has to grab me right away.

@Schuylkill said:
@Celia, then let it be said that there are in fact good Pollock paintings. I am certainly one of those people that does not understand abstract. Art has to grab me right away.

Like Playboy did 60 years ago.

@Schuylkill said:
… and I notice that quite a few of you name your boats. Being a sailor, I just think that’s kool. I’ll likely name it, if I can come up with something fitting.

Hammer Time

@TomL said:

Hammer Time

:smiley:

So far, I like the names Salvage, Aluminum Fo Y’all and Hammer Time … @Rookie and @Celia, how about “Pollock’s Nightmare”?

Revenant
Tenacious
Fender Bender
Bent
Dent

Like it> Or Pollock’s Revenge?

Tree Hugger

Acme Airlines Flight # ____

If you have to explain it, it isn’t funny. But seeing as I’m not awake yet, the idea above is that it’s a piece of the airplane wreckage… dunno if that works, or maybe the humour is too dark for some.

Timex…
Takes a licken and keeps on…

@castoff said:
Revenant
Tenacious
Fender Bender
Bent
Dent

Revenant! Nice one, I like it. Could also do Get Bent.

@Celia said:
Like it> Or Pollock’s Revenge?

Even better!

@Sparky961 said:
Tree Hugger

Sparky comes up with a lot of good ones.

@Overstreet said:
Timex…

Another fitting one … with all these good names, I could graffiti the whole boat again! :smiley:

“I unbent this boat”

“Scrapper”

Give her a name like “Dimples”

Floating Flotsam, Cratered Coracle, Blemished Barge. After all that work, a proper christening will have to be performed.

Some Sparkling Cold duck seems appropriate :wink:

I also like the graffiti the entire boat Idea.