Aluminum Michicraft Project

Please don’t hit her with the bottle!

Meh. What’s another dent?

Whatever her name ends up being, she shall be Christened by method of a gentle tap with a bottle of my favorite, Black & Tan lager/porter blend from Yuengling’s, USA’s oldest brewery.

I just ordered the Brazier rivets. Now all I need is good weather to finish the repairs.

@Rookie said:
What were they thinking with that color scheme? That poor canoe! Kudos to you, Schuylkill, for trying to turn a sow’s ear into a silk purse. Am betting you’ll succeed.

@Rookie is betting I succeed. Anyone want to bet against her? B)

This repair would have been finished today, but the rivets haven’t shown up yet. Just one more day (and rivets!) before the snow starts flying …

Dipples is looking good!

It’s been riveting!! :wink:

I kind of liked the original color(s).

The Phoenix …

Wow, you probably shaved eight pounds off the weight by doing the paint removal!

I probably washed another eight pounds of mud and mouse turds out.

Rivets arrived!

If the weather is good on Saturday, she’ll be in good shape. :slight_smile:

Man, are you not paddling this yet? :wink:

I’m pacing myself B)

With those rivets the question comes to mind, “You got a gun, set and bucking bar?”

Clecos??

@Overstreet said:
With those rivets the question comes to mind, “You got a gun, set and bucking bar?”

Clecos??

Yes, yes, yes, and no. Machine screws and nuts will have to do for this one.

A bout with flu and pneumonia (at the same time!) and the winter weather has me waiting for the first day off above 50 deg to do the gas welding. Meanwhile, I ordered the launch permit! Only 46 days to Spring!

Been there. Make sure you are over it before getting carried away. Hopefully not literally.

@string said:
Been there. Make sure you are over it before getting carried away. Hopefully not literally.

Huh? … What are you talking about?

Oh, the flu & pneumonia! I’m over it, except for that dry “HACK!” that’s been persisting for 4 weeks now.

@Schuylkill said:
Oh, the flu & pneumonia! I’m over it, except for that dry “HACK!” that’s been persisting for 4 weeks now.

Good