Anyone tried hemp oil?

Just a note about “hemp”/ having no THC and hence no psychoactive effects. Hemp from plants approved by the government has very little THC because it is tested for THC content. Hemp that has been selected for survival and intentionally propagated in secret ditches and hedgerows, through many many generations by those interested THC, may certainly have much higher THC content. YMMV.

Mazer: actually what you say is not true. The “hemp” they were growing in wartime Michigan was cannabis sattiva, not indica, and was a variety that had THC though in about half the concentration of that of weed grown specifically in that era for psychoactive effects.

Yep, ditch weed…we had it in Indiana too.

Genus and species?

So String is the hemp oil still working for you? Do you notice the beneficial effect tapering off, needing to use more and more often with less effect? The scientific term is tachyphylaxis, and we observed that in studies of cannabinoids for pain.

I wish I could answer that, but I can’t. I have used it sparingly at night and I think it helps. I am less stove up when I get up, I think. I have the softest of soft data.
During the day I use ice or Biofreeze to keep going. Again , I think it helps.
I try to avoid drugs as much as possible, but Advil can pull me out of the pain hole before it gets out of hand.

@string said:
“… but Advil can pull me out of the pain hole before it gets out of hand.”

I Bu the Profensional at Work

Vitamin I.
Vitamin I.
It keeps me mobile if not quite spry.
N-SAID again my friend,
it’s oil can for this tin man,
till I blow joint and appoint,
Jimmy Beam to run health plan.

(to deliver my once sound liver,
to medical science for misunderstand.)