Are you a Bad Boy or Girl?

Bay Area Sea Kayakers, a club in the San Francisco Bay Area, has a tongue in cheek listing of what to do to be a ‘bad boys’ (or girls). How many risky things or things you really don’t want to do have you done, and the more being the more bad you are. Some are local to this area, but others are ones people anywhere could have done. Figured this would make some light reading during a season when many don’t have the chance to paddle.

Photo from a bandana they made last year as a membership gift.

I am pure evil

@Chuck von Yamashita said:
I am pure evil

We know that… Happy Holidays to our Alaskan Evil.

I am basically a flat water paddler but have done a bunch of those. Worth a couple of lumps of coal.

Awaken homeless urban out doorsmen sleeping under a bridge? Caused a barking dog to fall off a dock ?

Ignored advice from proclaimed experts. Learned from surviving bad experiences, some of which are listed.

Yeah, i’ve been bad.

Give me my surf for Christmas!!!

sing

Yeah, have done at least 14 of those, and I thought I was a good girl.

Gosh, when I first sped read through it I thought it asked if I had a whale hump my kayak. :o

I’ve got a few admissions from the Bask list, but as a cold water paddler I’ve done a few dumb things that aren’t listed. Risk assessment after the fact kind of stuff.

I’ve been bad. Hope Santa has chocolate covered coal lumps

@Peter-CA said:

I am pure evil

Humpbacks do not have halitosis

Most of my questionable acts have been in a canoe - at least those related to water sports.

I have to ask. What’s “Rodger’s Rule”?

@Peter-CA said:

I am pure evil

Dolphin can have fish breath.

Yes.

34 Demerits. Do I get a BCU badge for that :slight_smile:

@SeaDart said:

No stinkin badge for you! The plus side is you can replace the thermos of tea with a flask of your favorite devil’s water for a little revelry on the shore break. :wink:

sing

@SeaDart said:

Seriously, I bet the more someone has paddled in lots of different waters, the more BADS they rack up. >:)

BCU 5* probably gets sent to h311

Some do have smellier breaths than others…

@Sparky961 said:

I don’t actually know, so I have asked.

@Peter-CA said:

@Sparky961 said:

I don’t actually know, so I have asked.

That’s very kind of you. Now everyone else is curious too, I bet. Make sure to get the full story with all the juicy details. It might help to buy the originator a few drinks…