Avocet, Capella, Romany

Montauk
I agree, the Montauk does not feel as fluid to me as a Romany or Avocet. It feels like a quirkier hull to me.

That being said, I’ve watched Danny doing truly impressive stuff in a Montauk at Sullivans Falls.

CapeFear,
You’ve helped to solidify some of the things sloshing around in my coconut. I haven’t mentioned it but I’m sure I’ll end up with more then one yak. I’m comfortable with the fact that a great all rounder is also likely to be compromised in more specific tasks or goals.

Tracking wise I’d like a boat that glides straight in flat conditions with proper input. The Delta for example I found to loose. I think I can execute a decent forward stroke and keep the boat level but I found the Delta would veer on the glide regardless. Also once it started to turn it didn’t want to stop. A good pull on the side opposite, flat boat, continued the turn. Edging didn’t seem to help much either.

Somewhat more specifically;

1. seaworthy in rough conditions ( I realize I’m a big factor in that)
  2. tracking, glides straight in flat conditions with proper input

3)maneuverable, on flat water turns easy with turning input and stops turning without, responds well to edging

4)on rails or nearly with the skeg fully deployed

On another note, you mentioned in another thread about arching up at the beginning of a roll. I’m probably an advanced intermediate on reading about rolling :wink: and I hadn’t seen that yet. Great point! Small lakes are hard here so I’m limited to reading and visualizing till I can get some pool sessions in Feb.

P.S. Thanks for including your size, we are pretty close.