Caonoe double paddle.

we did but …
paddler.net is now a kinder and gentler place and it wasn’t really necessary for anyone to post an “Hey a$$hole! You can’t even spell canoe and you think you can paddle one with a kayak paddle?” message.

I, too, have enjoyed this thread … thanks

My weekend begins in 54 hours and the forecast is good …

I’m interested in a double paddle for
my wife. Even with classes, she never can’t do the strokes correctly. Thinking that a double would make her a more effective paddler. She normally paddles with her arms at a 50% duty cycle. I do a sit-n-switch and ignore her paddling side.

I don’t want to spend a lot of money on the experiment, but also don’t want to buy a piece of crap that doesn’t work. Any suggestions on how to figure out the right size and angle she should get.

It’s like whatever dude whatever
some solo canoes love a double and some are built with a double in mind. In bad weather when you have to make your way nothing beats a double.

but to each his own, I like both.

Didn’t mean to offend,…
…and sorry if I did. I have nothing against those who have personal reasons to prefer a single, and must admit my overall lack of coordination might keep me from learning to use a single well. My point was that this is a sport for individuals, and there ain’t no Perfect Way to Have Fun.

I started to point out that
CANOE is spelled CANOE but then I’m a kayaker so what do I know. I was also afraid Lee_J would come galloping in on his white horse and switch my legs for saying something “offensive” to String but then he said something about taking “freestyle” lessons and then I was disturbed by a mental image of him “dancing” with his canoe to the beat of Mozart but with him probably the BeeGees or Village People, he could wear a little tutu (that’s the offensive part). Then again, as I said, I’m a kayaker so what do I know?

BT, if you could do in a kayak what
a freestyler can do in a canoe , your name would be Barton. Good thing Lee is a peace loving liberal.