"Classified Ads" on Pnet.....

…works again! I have used them several times to buy & sell canoes, and they always come through. Maybe not immediately, but always. Thanks, Brent!

Yep !
I sold my QCC 500 in one day. Had 6 inquires the first 12 hours. I delivered it to a Virginia kayaker,and he was pleased. Sold 2 other boat in less then a week. Can’t do that good in the local newspaper. Thanks Brent

I’ll 3rd that. Very effective.

Me too!

I’ve bought two
One even delivered - well, the guy was coming my way for a paddle trip anyway, but still it sure made it easy for me. I got good deals too.

Martha

I’ve bought 4 boats from p.net ads
And I’ve sold a couple. I just brough home a pair of yellow Old Town Castine’s this evening.

Picked up my Nordkapp
off PNet. I have not had much luck selling. EBay has been great to sell on. People get buying fever.

sold
two yaks and a Canoe here. Now I started to send royality to p-net from my sales of the last two yaks.

Mine was gone the second day!
I had a kayak to sell that I feared I would have a hard time selling, but it left my house the second day after I posted the add on P-Net.

I sent an e-mail to brent praising P-Net too!

It sure made me smile!

Thanks P-Net!

Yet to be seen…
I have an ad in right now to sell a Perception Eclipse…several tire kickers responded…but no buyer yet…LOL…can’t beat the price of the ad…LOL…

Thank you Brent for your generosity to the sport! Keeping affordable used boats flowing into the hands of new want-to-be paddlers is one of the best ways to keep things growing.

Regards,

Waterrat

What do you think of this ad reply
Today I got this response to my ad (I delteted some of the personal info):

HELLO,

MY NAME IS ANNY ROBERTO I LIVE HERE WITH MY MUM IN ITALY, I AM IN NEED OF THIS CANOE U HAVE FOR SALE. PLS CAN YOU KINDLY EMAIL MY DAD ABOUT IT ON HIS EMAIL ADDRESS [deleted]@yahoo.co.uk OR YOU GIVE HIM A CALL ON HIS CELL PHONE:+447031[deleted]. HE IS THE MANAGER TO (JUSTMODELS&CO)IN THE UK. HE WILL TAKE CARE OF PAYMENTS AND SHIPPING I HAVE ALREADY TOLD HIM ABOUT IT AND HE SAID HE WILL GET IT FOR ME ON MY BIRTHDAY. PLS EMAIL HIM ASAP…

THANK YOU

ANNY

delivery
I’d sell it for cash and if dad will pay your expenses to deliver it in person.

delivery in person, I like it
I just feel really honored that of all the canoes in the WHOLE WORLD, this person wants my used royalex Spirit II. I just haven’t had the heart yet to tell her that it is already sold.

Works great
Thanks so much for these pnet ads!

I sold a SOT and a folder in days gone by. Just put up a Pungo 140 last week and it’s sold. Figured I’d give something back so I bought a paid ad for a Caroline 12.0. Gotta laugh. So far that’s the one that’s not selling. These ads have been a great way to sell a kayak. Now… someone please advertise a Wenonah Prism Kev UL near NY and make it perfect!

Found My Nomad On PENT
I spent several years looking for a HopOnTop Nomad. I found it here on PNET.

Wavemaster Waveski
It took about a month to get together but I finally got a great deal on a mint condition waveski a couple of weeks ago. I bought it from someone who lives 1/4 mile from where I work!

Get your mind out of the gutter!
You are at work man! Stop thinking about Penthouse!

Bad Ebay Exp - Such a deal…NOT!
I bought a virtually unused kevlar Swift Mattawa on EBAY for $600. The seller had 2 or 3 canoes, 5 kayaks and a trailor to sell. I drove 500 miles to New York to pick it up. The ditsy broad selling it gave my canoe to the first person who showed up; that person had paid for a fiberglas barge. Not surprisingly, that person took the Mattawa and RAN home with it to Boston!!!

When I showed up, the seller told me that a canoe is a canoe; and she could not understand that I was not pleased with her offer to let me have the barge. I went home canoe-less.

I know there was a life lesson buried somewhere in this experience. maybe it was that you should buy canoes from people who know what they are selling!!! PNET is probably a better place to buy a canoe.

Sue them

– Last Updated: Aug-22-05 9:59 PM EST –

an offer to sell or buy on ebay is a binding contract

Yeah for Pnet classifieds
I’ve sold two canoes and purchased one. Still advertising my Blackhawk, but have had a lot of Replys.

Hint: Give your location in the ad.