Elie Strait recall

I received an email today, notifying me that my check will be mailed Friday.

2 Likes

You certainly have been patient.

I don’t have much choice. Hopefully, I get my check the beginning of next week and I can then summarize my experience for anyone who internet searches the recall in the future.

Well, it took 8 1/2 weeks, but I finally received a check from Pelican International last Thursday. I honestly don’t think they tried to win a battle of attrition with me, I just think PI is ill prepared to deal with the public. While all the customer service reps and the woman that handles the recalls were pleasant to deal with, they suffer from a combination of lack of experience, lack of sufficient staff and poor policy. I had to request the ability to speak to the individual who handles the recalls, even though none of the customer service reps knew much, if anything, about the recall. This slows the entire process to a crawl.

So, why did it take 8 1/2 weeks?

First, I was instructed to email information to the “Recall Department” and the information that I sent, “Fell through the cracks.” for a month. Even though I called three times during that month.

Second, the only individual that handles the recalls, went on on vacation for 10 days.

Third, PI actually wanted me to provide them with my bank information. Given what I have explained above, it’s obvious that they don’t instill the confidence necessary to provide them with this type of information. Requesting an alternative type of reimbursement took a number of extra days.

For anyone reading this, you shouldn’t experience as long of a process that I experienced, but you shouldn’t expect the process to happen quickly.

1 Like