Fall Ozark Rendezvous dates and info

Carl and I
are planning to be there late Wednesday.

Our plan…
We will be there.

Exact date for arrival not confirmed yet.

B & JA

I will be there
Wednesday, perhaps earlier. Since I live in the area I’ll bring some firewood.

Dan

fall rendevous
I plan on being there after the Iowa Current River trip, probably Sunday (10/12) or Monday at Pulltite. Bill

Wednesday arrival!
I’ll be there Wednesday late morning or early afternoon. The hubby should be there Wednesday after work. Now if the weather is good, I might come down Tuesday, playing it by ear. We have had some beautiful weather, let’s hope it holds. Some rain over the next few weeks would also be good.

See ya’ll soon.

Pam and Rob

Two more
Me and Judy, my wife, will be there. We expect to arrive around midday on Tuesday. It will be her first time there. It will be part of a cross-country road trip for us.

Peter

arrival
monday night or tues. morning … should be ready to paddle the hand is healing nicely

Good Deal!
Will be good to see you again, Peter. And we’ve really missed you Jill and David, can’t wait see see our old friends “Live!”

Autum Mist, I assume you paddle one? That’s one of the boats that I’ve bought and sold and dearly miss.

We plan to drop the dogs at the kennel Tuesday and come that afternoon or Wed morning at the latest. Looking forward to it.

Gettin close enough to taste it
Should be there setting up camp either Sunday or Monday afternoon. Based on Rob and Pam’s observations on his birthday trip this past weekend it seems we could use some rain BEFORE we get there

vacation…
Unfortunately, David had to take his vacation before September 29…a “Use it or Lose it” kind of situation.

My vacation days have been approved and my reservation has been made. I will be there Sunday. If no is there yet, I will just chill.

It has been so long since I paddled, I may have forgotten how.

Jill

It’s easy Jill …
just step on the accelerator and say “VROOOM VROOOM”

I’m getting vacation fever now…
Good thing I started checking my gear today. It’s been so long since it was used, it smells all musty. Getting it aired out now

ONE MORE WEEK!
Here’s a little Ozark joke to get you “Primed” for your visit:

A social worker from a big city recently transferred to the our Ozarks and was on first tour of her new territory when she came upon the tiniest cabin she had ever seen in her life. Intrigued, she went up and knocked on the door.

“Anybody home?” she asked.

“Yep,” came a kid’s voice through the door.

“Is your father there?” asked the social worker.

“Pa? Nope, he left afore Ma came in,” said the kid.

“Well, is your mother there?” persisted the social worker.

“Ma? Nope, she left just afore I got here,” said the kid.

“But,” protested the social worker, “are you never together as a family?”

“Sure, but not here,” said the kid through the door. “This is the outhouse!”

Cant make it
Dad has heart surgery tommarow. Gets out monday. But cant drive for a month.so i will be running him to dr appointments erronds ect.will miss seeing my river fami. But Dad comes first.

Boat transport from rendezvous
Anyone coming through Des Moines, IA City, Omaha or KC on their way back that could haul a boat? Willing to pay gas money. I would like to purchase Bob’s clipper.

Brian

I’m Sure We Can Find A Way

– Last Updated: Oct-09-14 4:57 PM EST –

I'm thinking the Iowa "Contingent" was coming early for their annual "Boys of Fall" gathering? I'll check for you. That's a heck of a bargain, Brian. I'd like to have the boat myself, but I'm trying to restrain myself from buying any more boats unless they're sub 50lbs. If I only had a Sherpa to tote 'em around for me (LOL)!

Weather looks too good to be true
I plan to drive down Monday, start paddling Tuesday,and Head home Saturday. Hopefully, the Sun, Mon, Tues rain will have the river at a perfect level and the upper river will have some water.

Pat2

Best to Your Dad
Hope all is well soon! We’ll miss you

chomping at the bit
prayers for your dad Boyscout… sorry you cant make it but dads do come first… looking at tues morn ready to paddle… I took Mom to Dads gravesite the other day while i was off with my hand. Love em while you got em … I lost my Pop in my early twenties and i still miss him… enough rambling …

Gonna miss you
Boyscout. Best of luck to you and your dad.

Peter