Fall Ozark Rendezvous???

I wish I could join in. A few more years to retirement…

I know of 12 people (myself included) who have indicated they plan to attend, either in this thread or through personal communication. And there are around six other folks who are “possibles”, so hopefully we will have a decent group.

I will be attending a weekend long event out of town on Oct 12-13 so the earliest I could possibly arrive at Pulltite would be Monday Oct 14. But that would only happen if I had all my stuff organized and ready to load prior to Oct 12 so that I could get going at a reasonable time on Monday to arrive before dark. I can do that, of course, but only if I know someone is going to be there Monday PM and wanting to shuttle and paddle on Tuesday.

Waterbearer thought he might be there on Monday, but has since advised me he will not be able to attend. If anybody is fairly confident they will be there by Tuesday morning, Oct 15 and wanting to paddle that day, please let me know here or by other means. Otherwise I will plan to arrive Tuesday afternoon.

I had been planning to get there ready to paddle on the 12th (driving on the 11th), but if nobody is going to be there to shuttle with, I can move back arrival to the 14th or 15th. Its not like there’s a shortage of catch=up yard and house work to amuse myself with here before winter sets in. Is there anyone planning to paddle on the 12th?

Pat, I sent you a message.

Message received, Pete. Looks like nobody else is chomping at the bit to arrive early either… See youse guys on the 15th or so. Safe travels all.

Hopefully I’ll make it next year. Too many vehicle and finance issues to make it this year.

Have a good time.

I guess I will shoot to arrive sometime in the afternoon of Tuesday Oct 15.

I won’t make it down for this fall rendezvous. I hope next year will happen. Miss everyone!
Dick

Hope y’all have a good time! First eye surgery complete, second scheduled for the 23rd; estimated recovery time is 3 months per… Can’t see to drive right now, but hope to be able to make the next Spring Rendezvous.
Brad

I met Terry at the Ozark Rendezvous the first time I attended. I was far from my east coast home and a bit nervous about how I might be received. Terry put those fears to rest quickly. He was a warm, open and welcoming person. The world needs more people like him. I am sad that he is gone.

Peter

I will not be able to make this fall’s Rendezvous. See you in the spring.

I will not be attending the Fall Rendezvous, due to medical issues with my legs.
My better half will likely be there and paddle a couple of days.
She is a capable paddler, but please help do “my job” for me…
Check her out on occasion, when on the river, to assure she’s right side up, and not in a strainer.

Hope to see you in the Spring.

BOB

I checked online with recreational.gov and it said there were no sites available for the 17-20th. Seems the season closed on the 15th. Does this mean there is no charge for the sites and that they are first come first served?

@Mozark said:
I checked online with recreational.gov and it said there were no sites available for the 17-20th. Seems the season closed on the 15th. Does this mean there is no charge for the sites and that they are first come first served?

nope. It is self serve. Whether or not they check that you paid I have no idea. NIce pic of you and J Bob!

Years back there was either no charge for campsites in the off-season or nobody came to collect. About three years ago or so they started charging $12 per night per campsite in the off-season. You cannot make reservations for sites in the off-season, but there will be plenty available. The campsite has never been close to filled in the last half of October. Campsites are first come, first served in the off-season.

There will be no campground host but the showers and bathhouse at Pulltite are open year round. Campground fees are left in the “iron ranger” at the entrance and a ranger will probably be around once a day or so to collect.

It’s been years since I’ve been to an Ozark Rendezvous but I still miss going. Hope those of you that are there are having a great time camping and paddling together. I’m going to use the winter season to try to get myself into better physical condition, perhaps working against my life’s calendar progressly advancing. If successful enough, I may join you next year, maybe canoeing a little or maybe not, maybe camping with y’all or maybe not. Might just do a bit of hiking and poking around the lovely Ozarks while y’all are paddling and coming to join you around evening campfires… Best wishes for a great 2019 Fall Ozark Rendezvous!

Looking forward to hearing stories and seeing pictures from the Current.
SYOTR (even if my pup Addie and I are just wading in a little).

Ginny, I am also looking forward to seeing the pictures.

1 Like