food/drink holders

Trans-Canada guy

– Last Updated: Sep-15-16 1:18 PM EST –

I hope he's able to get back on the water soon since there is no way he could portage past Baie St.Paul -- the terrain becomes abruptly mountainous there and 138 is precipitously steep. An Ontario friend who was trying to join me to paddle at Saguenay Fiord last summer had to bail on the trip when his SUV was unable to make it up those hills towing a tiny teardrop trailer.

Not that the upriver paddle from there is any picnic, especially around the shallow mud flats approaching the Saguenay Delta.

Quite an expedition!

didn’t think you were a troll
We do get trolls on here (and some regular posters do get paranoid about it).

Honestly, what you were asking about was not in the realm of normal canoe outfitting, hence some of the comments. Perhaps if you had been more specific about what you meant by “tray” you would have avoided a lot of reasonable skepticism. But you did ask for our “favorite” food and drink accommodations and many of us shared them. Bear in mind that you also expressed skepticism about the way I handle food and drink storage. So the “scoffing” came from your end too.

We get all kinds of bizarre inquiries on here, like people asking how to build towable paddling “trailers” so they can haul kegs of beer or other absurd stowage behind a boat.

I provided a link to his route
and I don’t believe you checked it

He is on the south shore of the St Lawrence and will portage to the St John

No mountains there( its not to the Gaspe). Its pretty near my home.

Ever follow a WaterTribe event?

– Last Updated: Sep-15-16 3:39 PM EST –

Canoe and kayak racers paddling 300 miles+.

They certainly carry hydration kits and use them. Nutrition is also important.

miniature ping-pong?

was sorta thinking that
I imagine they’re fixed to their boats instead of their backs.

See if you can find pics
of the 90 miler ADK or any of the Watertribe challenges or the Yukon 500 or 1000 miler races.

They do use hydration packs and I think ( can’t prove) the bottles are attached to the hull.