grey object at my bow

OBVIOUS Manufacturing DEFECT
Like you said rip it out, and place it loosely in back of the back rest…it’s supposed to be a pad for the back…yeah, that’s it, it’s like a PILLOW…you can use it as a camp chair too!.

Could be flotation…what does it smell
like…?

I knew someone would catch that…
slidesgal. Leave it to a New Englander to catch it. wink-wink

Yes, please smell and that will help us

– Last Updated: Feb-03-06 2:11 PM EST –

to help you. Try to categorize as either a) fishy, like an open sardine can in the sun all day, or b) musty, like my grandmother's PJs, or c) fetid, like my grandmother's breath.

We can help you determine if it is flotation, an owl, or an afterbirth based on odor. Nose detective for a day.

PS I can let you hang out with my grandmother for a couple hours if you want a standard control. She'd dig getting a grated munster and garlic ravioli Never-ending Pasta Bowl at Olive Garden with you.

I think a gray old man is hiding

– Last Updated: Feb-03-06 11:32 AM EST –

in the bow. Does it look like this?

http://www.clipart.com/en/close-up?o=3971470&memlevel=A&a=c&q=old%20man&k_mode=&s=19&e=36&show=&c=&cid=&findincat=&g=&cc=&page=2&k_exc=&pubid=

no, no, no
Birth takes place at the stern of a yak, if they’re anything like other hoofed mammels…

The moral of this story is be careful
what you as on p.net.You might get an answer.It could be a Man-O -War. Does it have tenacles?

Just Enough To Keep It From Sinking
I think the idea here is to provide enough floatation so the boat doesn’t sink altogether, not enough for a re-entry.

Old man hiding in the bow, a stowaway.
SPray some mace in there, original poster, and see if a crying old bugger crawls out.

I know, we have to help you.

Let’s get serious here for a moment. You ask a good p-net question about your new boat and everyone gets their ya yas out at your expense. I for one, really want to help.

Sometimes manufacturers, or after market modifications, add a gray object that loosk like this. Look in the bow. Does it look anyhting like this?

http://static.flickr.com/28/36995814_dd1abc37fc.jpg

Yer all wrong again
It is obviously what we amychure astronymers call a “gray hole”. Gray holes differ from black holes in that their gravity is insufficient to pull all matter and ligh toward them. Just some of the light. Actually, very little light. You may find some socks in there that went missing from your dryer.

Jim

Hey P140, Serious…

– Last Updated: Feb-03-06 2:36 PM EST –

I haven't looked at the Wilderness Systems' site in a very long time. Your Pamlico 140 is a totally different boat from my old 145T. I think think it's a much better design for a single paddler than the 145 for obvious reasons.

Anyway, how far the face of the foam from the bottom of your the feet on the footpegs? Is the foam occupying the whole front of the bow, or is it a pillar (meaning just in the middle of the hull)?

I got a bit of extra heat sealable red nylon (matches your boat) that I might be able to make into a float bag to fit in your boat. Email me the distance between you feet to the foam, the depth and the width of that area. I'll check and see what I have. If doable, I can get something to you in the mail in a month or so, before paddling season.

sing
(serious offer)

I’m getting a…
I’m getting a rubber bulkhead instaled behind the seat at the place I bought pamlico 140

It’s mountain shop, and they had a great selection of kayaks and canoes-the best i’ve seen in ft. collins. They had there wall filled with dangling kayaks and a basement room of them. I noticed the red pamlico 140 just after I went in

above me. I looked and decided I liked the pamlico 140 the best, came back the next day and purchused it for $575.

We brought it home with a luggage rack and now it’s in the gurage with exercise equitment, fishing poles, and a ladder.

We’ll remove the top bars of the luggage rack so the kayak is resting on the bottom bars. And we have tough nylon for kayaks.

Very neat! Welcome to lifesport: kayakin

THAT’S IT!!!
I have that in the bow of my Tempest 170. Little F’er keeps biting my feet.

Wow, you people must be
Really bored. 34 posts about a block of foam flirtation.

Cool, You’re 35 And I’m 36

– Last Updated: Feb-06-06 11:14 AM EST –

let's keep it going! :)

BTW, the term, "foam flirtation" has me wondering...

sing

Let’s make it 37…
Has it been determined if it’s afterbirth, humpback whale, sooty owl, a grey hole and pamlico have you poked it yet to see if it moves?

I still think it’s a foam floatation block.

Andy

Why wood it be foam…perhaps

– Last Updated: Feb-06-06 1:34 PM EST –

something of another material....lick it and tell us if it has an acid taste...still.. it could be flotation..

Homeland Security
is really good. No one here has figured it out yet. It’s an evesdropping device cleverly discuised as a floatation block. Don’t let your shorts leg gap open in front of it.

Taj