How about a whine?

I finally recovered from surgery in January enough to do some gentle Paddling.
Then I had my biannual Dermatologist appointment. This morning he removed a chunk of my hide and told me not to paddle for at least a week, preferably 2.
This in the most beautiful weather of the year. :’(
Beats the alternative. It was cancer.

Good riddance of that chunk of flesh.

My wife has a few chunks removed.

There will be more beautiful days ahead, string, so use your down time to continue recovering from the surgery. You’ll be stronger and will paddle faster. Have a jigger of wine to celebrate getting rid of that nasty chunk.

As you age, skin removal keeps you off the water for less time than things like new joints… but yeah, after waiting so long for decent weather it is frustrating.

Yeah, that happened to me last year. It wasn’t cancer but it was a surprisingly big chunk. I gotta start getting the annual check in the FALL… not during paddling weather.

You want cheese with that whine? :wink: You must have known something like this was coming . My wisecrack that is. Glad they got it.

I told you it was a whine. The pain is about gone and I can shower today.
And work on my grandson’s GP.

@Celia said:
As you age, skin removal keeps you off the water for less time than things like new joints… but yeah, after waiting so long for decent weather it is frustrating.

You mean things like spinal implants?

I was thinking new knees and hips. But that works too.

I’m hoping to avoid those.

Changed the bandage this morning. 11 stitches. I think my right nipple is a bit higher. :smiley:

On that note, there used to be a radio talk-show doctor named Dr. Dean Edell. He told about the time he had a big chunk taken off his nose, and he said he could tell the dermatologist was working pretty hard to close the gap. He claims that his comment during the procedure was “Hey Doc! If I can see my ears in my peripheral vision, is that a bad sign?”

Ya gotta laugh

Hey. Some folks pay good money to get barbed wire tattoos to look tough. We get insurance to pay for ‘barbed wire’ scars and we ARE tough. Was it Bette Davis that said “Getting old ain’t for sissies”?

Amen Bro!

Not paddling with an open wound down here is a good thing. There are things in the water. Things that don’t go away. I finally got a lichen under control, but it will likely always be there.

That’s what the Doc said so I’ll suck it up for another 10 days. Lichin? Does that mean you’re a rock?

@string said:
That’s what the Doc said so I’ll suck it up for another 10 days. Lichin? Does that mean you’re a rock?

That probably isn’t funny.

@string said:

@string said:

I looked it up. Not funny at all.

@string said:

@string said:

@string said:

I looked it up. Not funny at all.

Oops… I got educated too!