How do you fill your day?

hmmmmm…
that’s what I said. If there are restaurants and theaters near enough to walk to it may be good paddling but it isn’t wilderness camping. A woodlot on the edge of town does not a wilderness make.

Burlington is a pretty rich and varied landscape, including several lovely campable islands off limits to all but paddlecraft, plus a few welcoming beaches offering nothing more than a strip of land above high water, but there’s no wilderness anywhere close to the shores of Lake Champlain.

ahhh
I misunderstood–never mind.

Scrimshaw on tusks
For a real adventure, don’t kill the walrus, but do the scrimshaw on its tusks anyway.

Michael

what to do you must be kidding
After a ten hour day of paddling and portaging I might have travelled 30 miles and walked five or six.

Rest would be nice! But there is a tent to put up, perhaps a tarp, gear to lay out, dinner to rehydrate, water to pump perhaps a swim, weather watch and run if it turns bad to make sure things are battened down. boat to secure, pictures to take,etc. firewood to gather and cut perhaps, water to haul.

No hotels where I go go…and no maid service either.

but what about
movie theaters and restuarants?? :slight_smile:

What part of Maine are
you from LOL?

At home any movie theater is an hour drive.

Restaurants are open only in the summer because only those from “away” fall for them!

You know the good ole bean supper really saves me from the seventh day in the kitchen! God made red franks for a reason.

And I love it when the day AFTER Labor day the billboards thank the “summer visitors for a great year–lobster now on sale for 1/2 price”

Make camp early
then fish a little, or swim, or look for arrowheads, maybe set out a trotline, sit in your folding chair and drink beer, read, keep a trip journal, or all the above.

well
from Houlton, but have lived in Freeport, Portland, Orono, Presque Isle, Easton, Caribou and Grand Falls, New Brunswick–oh and I used to spend summers on Islesboro----but I’ve lived in Brewer for the past 9 years—every part of the state except western Maine.

no worry
I got that covered!

take your friends Tom and Huckleberry
with you if you are going to float the Mississippi, they will show you what to do…

E is E and W is W, and never the Twain shall meet.

Try Kipling and tippling, that’ll keep you busy.

The Castleman was fast and muddy on Saturday, under the bridge in Rockwood. We didn’t get down to the Yough to see what it looked like there.

Have more fun,

Kaps