how do you get your coffee fix

or grounds in reusable bag
i use a muslin(?) cloth, cut it into smaller pieces, each piece is sewed up to form a pouch with a flap on the end, then i sew a string to the end…

i just put grounds into bag, close flap, tie, and place in water… boil water until desired taste…

flip inside out to clean, then repack with coffee…

since water boils for at least 10 minutes anyways to get my desired taste (has to float a horseshoe), i just use river water…

basically same as above idea, but without loose grounds floating around…

cloth pouch weighs very little… and can be reused for almost forever…

i never could master the spinning part to get grounds out… after repeated mishaps i learned of this method and quickly adopted it…

coffee sock
http://fantes.com/images/17630coffee_filters.jpg

works better than any coffee filter/press/or anything else.

period

paul

The zero energy, zero weight solution -
Chuck Norris grinds his coffee with his teeth, then boils the water with his own rage.

'though he’s one tough mothercusser. May not work for everyone.

sir
that is a tea sock merely posing in the guise of a coffee sock

Never touch de stuff (NM)

Snowpeak
We all have things we don’t like to do without while camping, for me one of those things is decent coffee. I use a Snowpeak titanium press. Makes good coffee, small, and lightweight.

Bruce Lee cood whip Chucky’s butt…
anyday!

FE

Vivarin
It ain’t right, I know. I love to linger in the morning over a good cup of hot joe. But fact of the matter is, I’m an addict. If I don’t have coffee in the morning I’m gonna get a headache that lasts all day, not to mention feeling lethargic.

There are times when you want to get moving right away when you get up. Maybe you are trying to get out ahead of the wind or whatever. I pack a few vivarin for those times. Take one, guzzel some water and a cliff bar while you are packing, and hit the water. It ain’t right, but it works.

When there is more time I usually bring either instant or a small, stove-top espresso maker. I hate coffee singles and can’t understand how they could possibly taste so bad.

~~Chip

I’m not argueing with you
nor is my spelling all that great. But where was this Ranger coffee when I was in Iraq?? I did 3 tours. I was a Corpsman with a Marine infantry unit the entire time I was in. I was motorized on CAAT teams. I only had Rip-it’s to drink and the instant coffee in the MRE… lol.

Java Juice just arrived!
Test information available here tomorrow morning.

Jim

BTW - I first heard of Java Juice via Nesmuking.com.

Java Juice GOOD
Just made my first cup. Original flavor pack into 12 oz just-boiled water. Made a cup of decent-strength (as in you cannot see the bottom of the cup) coffee.

Later I will try with 10 oz, the recommended lower amount of H2O to see how much stronger it is.

Bought in dozens from REI it comes to $1.04 / serving. That seems to me to be worth the convenience for BWCA trips and such where used grinds would need to be hauled out.

More testing to follow!

Jim

Java Juice Mocha GOOD too
Decided to make easy mocha to haul to work. Sixteen oz boiled water into a Nissa SS thermos, add one pack of instant Swiss Miss, shake well, add a pack of JJ and you are good to go.

Total waste to haul out of a wilderness area: 1 empty package of cocoa, 1 empty package of JJ. No wet grounds.

Experiments to continue. Caffien GOOD!

Jim

The easiest way
I use Folger’s coffee bags.

If you consider Folger’s coffee.