How to get used boats? What to buy?!?!!?

neither.
I am in Ft. Lauderdale. born in Brazil of American parents. That is the way both countries spell it.

I did not find the Tempest too big for anything. In fact it is still all right for me. The problem is me in so far as I am getting more and more into the greenland paddling style with GP’s Avataq’s tuiliks etc etc that the Tempest is starting to appear to be a big boat which it was definitely not when I bought it, and still isn’t for anyone my size…6ft and 195 to 200 depending on the week.

I had the option of getting the 165 when I bought the 170 at that same sale and got the 170 instead.

I think you would be happy with it but have you tried the 165? Depends on your size and preference I guess. Some people like bigger volume boats or bigger cockpits, or day hatches, or skegs vs rudders etc etc…all what you feel good about.

paul

Alder Creek Kayak & Canoe

thanks for the tip about this store–
I’ve been looking for a store around here that had a lot of boats as well as a place to test them. Looks like this is it. I’ll be heading down there…

Alder Creek
Was that Steve’s paddleshop before? YOu may want to contact him anyway to see if he knows of any paddlefests or end of year sales or used Tempests around.

Paul