Humorous Craigslist Ads

Do I need an attorney for those persecution kayaks?

4 Likes

Stopped by a yardsale that had a 16’ rotomold kayak sitting out front. Tagged at $125, which might have been optimistic given that it looked like the boat had literally been sawed in half and then decently rejoined/repaired.

I didn’t ask. Didn’t want to know. Yikes.

1 Like

I had an friend that took warrantee replaced kayaks that had been sawn in half and welded them back together. Lml that’s likely a rebuilt kayak.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised. It did not look like an amateur job…actually pretty well done, but I wanted nothing to do with it. :slight_smile:

Classic plywood technique. Likely real heavy and not very easy to turn with lack of rocker and a flat bottom. Might do better with oars and a reverse seat.

3 Likes
6 Likes

I have to admit to that being my ad. Yep. I placed it. I’m the maniac responsible

4 Likes

I don’t “need” this, but…

1 Like

Still not sold. Maybe I should have demanded PBR.

1 Like

Too bad you are so far away. I’ve got a fridge full of IPA’s (and a few Sierra Nevadas) left over from a party 6 weeks ago. Not a fan of IPAs myself (more of a nut brown ale and porter gal) so they will languish until I can have another get together (with friends that are not so teetotaler-ish.)

Then again, I have been trying to redistribute my own hoard of kayak and canoe miscellanea so I don’t need any more…

1 Like

This just came up on Boston Craig’s List. I wonder if it comes with any of the old tires?

2 Likes

To be truly accurate, the ad description should read “collapsed 2 person kayak” instead of “collapsible” :rofl:

In reference to cut-up warrantied kayaks - when I worked at the Kayak Centre we had a few instances where a boat needed to be cut up. Our waterfront staff would gleefully reduce the victim kayak to a pile of polyethylene shreds with a couple of sawzalls. No piecing those back together!

SO RARE! PERFECT FOR WHITEWATER!

1 Like

In case you want a REALLY long boat!

2 Likes

In case you want 2 boats and don’t care much about the details (from MPLS CL):
“Used kyake.you buy both 300”

‘Clean and well kept’

1 Like

Is that one of them hour glass hulls built for speed and turning in those circular race courses?

I was feeling wistful about the 1992 Volvo 740 I used to have and did a Facebook Marketplace search to see how many of those great old Swedish bricks were still around. This ad amused me — I’m accustomed to seeing kayaks and canoes for sale shown sitting on driveways but this is the first time I’ve seen a car parked in a lake as the prime photo is a “for sale” ad.

How do you feel about purple?

1 Like