I've now received a THIRD damaged kayak!

Ok
Ok, everyone has helped Ohioguy with hundreds of responses over his car top choices and options, low angle matching paddles and of course… The boat. Whose gonna stick around when he chooses. PFD?

But wait, there’s more!
The best paddle floats, bilge pumps, dry bags, sunscreen… he can go on forever!

Every time he stands up…
They hit him in the stomach…

Every time he sits down, they hit him in the head…

Why does it say on their website
That they still use that triple layer method?

http://www.oldtowncanoe.com/kayaks/recreation/dirigo_120/

Um…
Perception Conduit list at 26", plus the two bulkhead and hatches, is a foot longer and oh yeah, cheaper .Also on the floor to check out at Dick’s Sporting Goods so you could actually sit in one and look it over. They are almost always on sale for around $599.

we recommended the Conduit
He is fixated on the red and black Old Town. Don’t waste your breath.

Paddle
It matches the color of his paddle…

No…
…it means that Amazon probably never actually stocked the product in the first place and just sells through other online retailers. Their standard business model for many products is that they advertise the product and take a cut of the selling price in return for feeding the order to an actual dealer. They also list products that they have never stocked or sold, such as my book, which has never been available through Amazon.

:D:D:D

Too bad
You’re stuck in Ohio; if you were out here in the PNW, I’ve got an Old Town 138 Loon that is just like brand new (triple layer) and I know where there is a 13’ Old Town Cuyuga that has only been paddled about four times and a 14’ Dirigo that has been used about six times. All of these boats are like new, except the Dirigo has a tiny smudge from the factory, or store where it was purchased.

I would let the Loon go for $650, the Cuyuga would probably go for around $700 and the Dirigo for about the same.

Would you have stuck it out?
Hard to give up that $250 discount. Even w the $200 credit they gave me as an alternative the boat is costing me $600 vs $450. Is it worth continuing to wait for Amazon to get it right?

Can’t help myself
I believe this is the fourth time I mentioned this boat , but only when the repeated question of most, best boat for the money comes up, which we all know, is quite often.

keep buying
Before long you’ll be able to open up a discount kayak shop!

I got $100 knocked off
I told Backcountry my situation and experience and they took $100 off to help me get closer to the price I had paid. So net loss - $50. Not bad and well worth it to have an actual outfitter w lots of experience shipping kayaks.

It’s not the quality of the boat
It’s the shipping and handling. They beat the shit out of them at Amazon obvuously.

Do they use a different shipper?

The winner
…thanks, this one made me smile ALL the way through, excellent…

Yes lol that was the first thing I asked
I told them my entire situation and they assured me they have been shipping kayaks for decades and know how to properly pack and ship them.

I see
Well some people on here insisted that the Okd Town kayaks were no longer made w triple layer but the Old Town rep said they absolutely were as does their site. You really think the Pungo is going to be of noticeably superior build quality? Several reps of liveries, outfitters and kayak clubs said the two boats should perform identically given their specs and build materials, if anything giving the nod in speed and tracking to the Old Town Dirigo bc it is narrower.

backcountry.com a “outfitter”?
Yeah, right!