jet kayak ??? cool

anyone who would buy one to see wildlife
… will NOT be disappointed. After all, how much wildlife do you think they were seeing before buying one?

Kayak
arkay, Like I said in my post above, A canoe would have an advantage over a kayak. I paddle a kayak which no matter how good and quiet you are you still have to lift one blade and plant the other. I’m not suggesting that you should sell your canoe to get a mokai, just pointing out the fact that wildlife is spooked much more by movement than sound. simple fact.

db

that is true

may be just me
But it looks like the mokai moves along a bit.

And kayak paddles need not flail any more than canoe paddles.

But sometimes an early alarm is better than a late alarm.

Arkay is right on
It’s just another piece of motorized consumer crap to add to our already overcrapped world.

I’m sure the wildlife is applauding.

Viking funeral
is ok by me. Bunches of stuff to add to that grave site. The culture of junk is a real threat to our physical and spiritual survival.

these should help
It will take some effort, but these should help.

http://www.geocities.com/nhfortress/Towers/mine.jpg

http://www.comomag.navy.mil/IMAGES1/Mine%20History/Cover%20Page/_w/cover_jpg.jpg

wow
Hi folks i only posted the jet boat for fun and giggles, I really didn’t expect this kind of reaction from ppl. i wouldn’t buy one myself…it’s in the same camp as those annoying pwc’s. not really good for anything but annoying ppl and wasting resources.

I need some brainwashing
It seems that I am too new to kayaking to understand why anything with a motor out on the water is inherently evil. The only annoying people so far that I’ve run into were a couple of canoes full of idiots who had no idea which slough they came from. One guy was screaming to us for help which was always followed by a second guy laughing really hard.

Took us a second to figure out if they actually needed help – seemed like they were just screwing around.

The guys I go out with like to get wwaves from the powerboats and barges every now and then. Are seadoos and these jet kayaks taboo because they don’t make good waves?

Help me out here… where is the kool-aid I need to start drinking.

jim

well…
first you need to buy a monster sized SUV to haul your kayaks around. It helps if the SUV does not exceed 15 mpg. Then… you can flip your finger at the guy towing the PWC as you pass him on the highway doing 70.

Wow. I thought paddlers were open-minded
Guess not. lol

I personally wouldn’t want one of these, especially for the price tag, but I see a market. Not everyone can paddle. There are the disabled for one. And to some, call them lazy, whatever, it just isn’t a draw.

It does look kind of fun, more so than a jet ski. But then, I don’t really have a desire to own one of those either.

But of course, if someone doesn’t agree with or can’t keep up with the paddle crowd, they’re probably just stupid and ignorant anyway, right?

;~)

single & .double paddles

– Last Updated: Jan-23-08 7:05 AM EST –

I think it's easy to forget but... you can paddle a canoe using a double blade...and you can paddle a kayak using a single blade.
It's not carved in stone that you can only use one or the other.
Still yet...if you want to be extra cautious you can stow either and just use your hands...esp if your afraid of spooking the wildlife.

Kind of humorous about it is discrimintory against disabled if we don't like that jet boat thingy.
There are many adaptive aids to help people paddle. I certainly have paddled with someone who
needs a wheel chair...or who cannot hold a paddle in a traditonal way...

Sorry .. the argument just doesn't "hold water"
that they need a power boat.

That IS The Inherent Contradiction

– Last Updated: Jan-23-08 7:05 AM EST –

A sizeable enough number of paddlers that talk "environment" and then go hauling ass on the highway with an eight cylinder monster just by him/herself and one kayak.

In terms of this "mokai", I DON'T really care if someone wants one or not. (BTW, I'd much prefer a jetski which does not have a bathtub size cockpit.) It's no worse than commuting alone in a SUV. In fact, the SUV is probably worse. But, on a "paddling" advice forum, I think it's a bit off to post about a motorized craft. It's like going on sailing.net and posting about cigar racing boats. Of course, there'll be a negative reaction. How would one expect not to get that?

sing

How about they just want one?
Oh, right. They must be flawed people somehow. lol

More casts
Ever watch the bass pros do it? They make it look like a numbers game.

Oh well…
In the end some will understand why jet-skis suck (regardless of how they’re packaged) others just don’t/won’t.

Yeah . . .
Just like there will always be those self-righteous, intolerant, belligerent few that have no capability to understand anything beyond their own preferences . . . .

I think Arkay and I understand very well
For paddlers, nothing good can come of those things. (Notice I said “for paddlers.”)

But, you’re welcome to throw in with the jet skiers, the fan boaters, the dam builders, or anyone else you care to.

yep well said NM

the disabled
I agree, that’s the biggest red herring. Funny how you only hear the able-bodied employ it. Maybe there’s something about being disabled that makes one appreciate using your own faculties.