jet kayak ??? cool

Yep,
But then again I’m self righteous and bigoted & all…

(Note to self: work on new ways to piss of jackass jet-ski types….)

Well now
does my 2500HD with a 6.0 count as a good vehicle to “flip off” from.

I really dont think we need to worry about it.

When we want solitude we know where to go to get it.If we just want to paddle or hop wakes we go someplace else.There is no reason to be an elitist snob,most all of us know where to take our toys and not be a pain.Some people(not me) own power and non-power boats.Would you take your KDX250 on the bike trails,NO and you also wouldnt take your schwinn on the moto cross track.The point is some people may want a jet kayak to get 3 miles up river to fish the whopper hole when the drought keeps the rowboat in the rocks more than on the water.

Chill out dude

you probably dont need that honda civic that goes 120 mph,but you have an excuse to have it.

Personall I wish they had an electric model with only 4" of draft.

Go paddeling and chill out.

See ya at the rifle range.

JOHN

take a deep breath…
yakofsteel… I don’t think calling yourself names is going to help.

Just relax… breathe deeply… go for a nice paddle.

Smile awhile.

non sequitur
"A sizeable enough number of paddlers that talk “environment” and then go hauling ass on the highway with an eight cylinder monster just by him/herself and one kayak."

I knew you would get my attempt at humor.

Yup, You can’t surf a jetski wake
they really aren’t much fun at all.

Personaly I think the noise is a good thing. If those things were silent they’d be scary!

OTOH
I bet you could use it to chase down water moccasins.

Or at least get close enough to get off a good shot.

See no evil
I guess I can admit that there is nothing inherently evil about the Mokai.

And if I could commute to work in one, rather than driving a car, it would be a good thing.

I think that what others and I have been trying to say is this:

(1) if you look at the big picture, including the global environment, having more motorized toys for people to buy probably isn’t the number one priority.

(2) if you look at the younger generation and the trends away from outdoor time and physical activity, this doesn’t help much in that department either.

(3) call us purists, but some of us like to reach the top of the mountain and find there is no blacktop that reaches there. The sense that wilderness is best accessed by human-powered means has been around for a while. Good for the wilderness. Good for the soul.

(4) if you can’t relate to 1 - 3 above, maybe you need to take a hike (or a paddle) and think about it.

and saving lives

It’s not a red herring.
Not all disabilities are only from the waste down. Some can’t use their arms or at least not well.

Lol. You guys really are so sanctimonius
that you can’t even see it. I’m a paddler. I don’t want a power boat myself, but that’s my preference. What’s the big deal with those that don’t want to paddle?

For a fisherman, paddle craft don’t always work well. I’ve met several very nice older gent in their late 70’s that fish together on the weekends (they still work full-time). Where they fish, and I paddle, we have no problems. In fact, I fish there sometimes too. But I have the ability to paddle up river for a few miles before I’m worn out. That’s one of the things I like about paddling.

They don’t have that ability. So they load into a square-back canoe with a big, stinky outboard and head up river. But telling them to load boats, shuttle, paddle, load again, shuttle. lol, I don’t think they’d buy into that. I wouldn’t either at their age.

But they still enjoy getting out on the water, having a relaxing day wade fishing about 4 or 5 different holes, and getting back to the dock one of them built on the house he bought on the river for just this purpose. So be it. They’d love this thing. I might even point them in that direction in the Spring, assuming I run into them again.

On the river I frequent, I see maybe about 10-12 bass boaters a year. That’s about once every 3-4 paddles. I’ve seen one jet ski. 'Will agree that he fits your description. But I’ve met some real arses in canoes too. Usually rentals, but not always. And a couple in kayaks.

The thing is, I’ve found that jackasses come in all kinds of water craft, including paddle craft. Thanks, arkay and spidersplash, for reaffirming that . . . .

my only issue
(you left this out)

That isn’t a kayak. And this isn’t a PWC website. Hence the reactions. Maybe next time post this in a PWC forum.