Kayak Hoists

-- Last Updated: May-06-04 10:49 PM EST --

Looking for information on Eagles-Nest hoists and comparison to Harden Hoists.

No luck finding an Eagle's Nest hoist but did find a simple hoist in Campmor for $49 that is rated for 80 lb. It looks easy to install, anyone have experience with this hoist?

hoist comparison
I have 2 eagles nest hoists and one of the harken hoists. I would have gotten another eagles nest but the company seems to be out of business. Let me know if you found a current source for their hoists.

the eagles nest is an over engineered solid hoist. There is a crank hoist which lifts 2 slings. It also includes 2 straps which hold the boat for storage, so you can take the tension off the hoist. I like it a lot. Installation was simple and took about 20min.

The harken hoist is a hoist that uses a locking pulley, so lifting force is provided by pulling on the line, rather than using a crank. Installation was more trying. I got a couple of straps and buckles at EMS to have straps like the eagles nest.

Eagles nest is my clear first choice. Sadly, I cant find them anymore.

I have 2 Eagle’s Nest hoists and
love them. Very easy to install and operate. Like the previous poster, I haven’t been able to find them again either.

If you can find some of their hoists, go for it.

If by some chance you’re still following this…. would you be able to give some instruction on installation?

Eagle’s Nest, that’s an unfortunate name.

We need one for a Roof Top Tent and a few boats.