Kayak selection advice- small paddler

Not as poor etiquette, Schizo, as…
starting a completely unrelated discourse of about 8 posts now that have zero to do with the original topic, and that will be saved for infamy on Archived board, pestering every future paddler who might look to this thread for advice on a boat selection for a smaller paddler.

lol, that’s funny
If we deleted every post that goes offtopic of the original post, there wouldn’t be anything left to read here! As far as archiving goes, there are literally thousands of posts on every topic imaginable. We aren’t covering any new ground here (although I enjoy these topics being a smaller paddler) and I don’t think we should worry about how our posts will appear when archived. Deleting offtopic (yet non-offensive) posts sets a rather dangerous precedence.

Great that I know your feelings, schizo.

– Last Updated: Mar-22-06 1:17 PM EST –

I will await your next new topic, and knowing that you take no offense to it at all, I will post-- and not delete-- something so blatantly off topic it'll make your eyes bug out. You won't mind it a bit. Thanks. Good to know as I wouldn't want to offend you. There is off topic, and then there is waaaay off topic, like yanoer's question. He apparently feesl strong enough that it is off topic to post a new thread about it... Lordy Lordy, life is shorty. Awiating your next thread, schizo.

Now, as far as a boat for an intermediate paddler, like bruce, the original poster, I hope that we can help him answer his question... ghost bump, real bump, or bumpless. I am sure he is laughing his butt off at all this, by the way.

wow, you’re taking this seriously…
My apologies cooldoctor if anything I’m writing is rubbing you the wrong way. These last few posts of yours have an edge to them that I’m not accustomed to. I’ll try not to read too much into it.

I’m sure bruce has plenty of boats on his laundry list to try out now and it’s all about seat time from here on out. I’ve given some feedback but obviously the types of boats I enjoy are probably different from what bruce might enjoy despite our similar physical builds. I’ll stop replying to this thread now but please feel free to participate as you see fit in any of the threads I start. :slight_smile:

On Topic: Anyone got a boat for bruce?

I don’t know how this post got
bumped, and I understand Yanoer’s annoyance of having to read through the posts to find the new one, but despite all of the controversy that has arisen from a fairly innocuous subject, thanks to all of you for the kind and relevant advice which I am still trying to absorb and disseminate. I will keep you posted of my progress.

Hi Bruce
Since I bought the Epic 16 for my wife, I have loaned her boat out several times to other people in our club. One person has already bought the 16, I think another has ordered one and several more are counting their pennies. You can’t go wrong on that boat and since I believe they are now being built in China, the quality is expected to go up. The Epic 16 is considerably more stable than my QCC 700 (the 700 is stable) and it’s very fast. You may also want to go look at the Patricks new Mermaid. It’s about 17’ and looks to be a very promising boat. I don’t know how, but Patrick consistantly prices his products much lower than everybody elses. I know this may sound unorthodox, but after I carefully research boats, I have purchased everyone of the boats I bought (except for the Epic 18 and the Fenn XT) without paddling the boat.

Good luck!

Franklin