Kayak selection advice- small paddler

Thanks Melissa- those were great

– Last Updated: Mar-17-06 9:01 AM EST –

reviews. I'll keep my eyes open and ask the local dealers if there are any in the area.

P.S.- I've seen the picture of you on the cover and it's great.

I’ll take another look at the Aquanaut
Cooldoctor when I go to Geneva Kayak to pick up my wetsuit next week.

Poly Valley boats etc…
Poly Valley boats tend to have snugger cockpits than the composite boats. I think this is a plus.

The folks at AKT (Atlantic Kayak Tours) like the poly Aquanaut quite a bit.

I prefer the hull profile of the 'naut to the Nordkapp. I believe the subtle continual widening of the beam to the gunwhales gives the boat an increasing solid secondary stability. Though slightly wider overall, the Aquanaut has a slightly narrower waterline than the Nordkapp.

Even the enthusiastic recent reviews of the Nordkapp LV note the tendency of the secondary to unexpectedly disappear. This is also true of the standard Nordkapp.

happy birthday!
I’m turning 25 this weekend. :slight_smile:

I
wish you a very happy Birthday Bruce

Best Wishes

Roy

and

– Last Updated: Mar-17-06 10:16 AM EST –

I would also like to wish you a very happy Birthday too Alex.....I was 25 once...no ...twice...working on the third time now

Best Wishes
Roy

Good to finally meet you after seeing all those really fine roll vids, see you this summer at trainning camp if not before

young studs like you
I turned 53 last month… not so young…

As far as the Foster boats, they are very much tuned to target weights. I was very uncomfortable in a Silhouette, but was at ease in a Legend. If you have a chance, it is best to try both models.

You are a baby Schizo- Best wishes

Thanks Roy for the B’day wishes

Thank You!
Yeah, this is the one that looks good to me:

http://www.seakayakinguk.com/range/greenlander_pro.shtml

just
thought that after reading your description of yourself (height , weight, shoe size)and the boats you were contemplating, you sounded like a person that I was talking to while they were sitting in the Nordkapp LV. Actually their wife was doing some of the talking, saying things like it was a priority to get her husband a new boat this year…what a woman …maybe she could talk to my wife next time I sit in a Glass Nordkapp LV…she could say things like buy, buy, buy…and I would listen…never enough boats (if they are good ones) I did get confused with sales personal several times at several booths tho, but I was’nt working the show, just a citizen

Best Wishes

Roy

Why can’t I see the new posts to this
thread?

The last few times this thread has popped back up to the top with a new date, I haven’t been able to find the new posts with that date?

This is frustrating because I am interested in the subject of this thread and there’s no easy way to locate the new post if the date isn’t visible?

Why am I having this problem? There should be another post with this date also.

But, I can see my own post. Wierd.

maybe someone is “ghost bumping”…
That would be creating a post and immediately deleting it in order to bump a thread to the top of the page. It happens quite a bit with forums that have bumping. Or maybe someone simply is editing their posts.

“ghost bumping” is quite annoying
because folks go looking for the new post and on long threads that can be tedious. I did find that I could use the edit “find (on this page)” function on my internet browser to locate the date of concern. Thanks for that info on “ghost bumbing”, I thought I was going nuts. Now that I know about “ghost bumping”, I may irritate other people with it.

I don’t think that editing a post brings the subject back up to the top.

yeah it’s a pretty annoying thing…
On some other message boards that I participate in, “ghost bumping” gets you suspended from the board. Boatertalk is the opposite. New posts don’t bring a topic up to the top so you have to subscribe to a particular thread if you want to follow it. It’s a bit tougher to keep up with a particular topic that way.

Ghost bumping
Yanoer, now that you have your answer from schizo, maybe you’d consider deleting the original post to this section of this thread to restore the integrity of the thread in finding a boat for small paddler. Just a thought.

Bruce
Don’t forget about Epic’s 16’ boat. It only weighs 39 pounds and is very fast and stable. It’s a great boat!

Good luck.

Franklin

Thanks Franklin- thanks to your review
the Epic Cruiser is always on my mind. I forgot to mention it above because the last time I checked, the closest local dealer that carries Epic did not have the boat in stock. I will most likely check again this week.

Thanks for the reminder.

oh the irony…
Cooldoctor, you realize that if he did delete his post, he would be guilty of the same thing that he was annoyed with (ghost bumping that is). Plus if someone is doing it unintentionally, this is a good time to remind folks that it is poor message board etiquette to ghost bump.