Kayak Theft

Recently these 2 kayaks were stolen from my residence in North Alabama (Friday 2-18). I would suspect these to be off loaded in Tn, Ga area. I would like to ask for help since I know people on this forum keep watch for used kayaks. If anyone runs across anything that resembles these, please message me. I appreciate any and all help!

1. Necky Manitou 14
  2. Perception Pescador 12

Sorry, and angry, to hear that, Dustin. Do you have the serial numbers? If so, might be helpful to list them.

Unfortunately I don’t think so. I am going to double check and if I find them, I will.

So discouraging. I’m sorry to hear that.

Thank you. I hope to find them.

I am too far north to see them up here, but I am sorry someone did this to you.

1 Like

You may know this, but Craigslist has a setting that lets you set “miles from location” so you can keep an eye out for something out of your immediate area by setting a bigger distance.

1 Like

I did not know that. Thanks for the tip!

Whatever you set it to, it will only show you items out to 250 miles.

Thanks for the concern and tips! I have the craigslist app on my phone and I have it set to search about a 100 cities at once. I plan on keeping an eye on there as well. With those settings you can search farther than 250 miles out

Watching the LA, MS, AL, FL northern Gulf Coast region every couple days for you.

Thank you!

I want to say thanks to all those that responded and offered kind words. With the help of God, local authorities, and help from people my kayaks are back safe and sound!

9 Likes

That’s amazing news! Wow.

sing

3 Likes

Seriously??!! That is fantastic!

1 Like

That’s so great, Dustin! Glad your story had a happy ending - fingers crossed Jon gets one too.

2 Likes

Way to go! :+1:t4::+1:t4:

1 Like

Yes I’m glad. The only thing I’m missing is a cockpit cover and a caribiner. I’ll take that over the alternative any day!

2 Likes

Rookie,
I really hope it shows up and someone is caught with it but it belongs to the insurance company now so, one way or the other, it is out of my life. I told them that if it is recovered and is in sound condition I would be happy to provide them some names of qualified buyers.

2 Likes

Outstanding news!

1 Like