Last post. By

Come back SOT I don’t care!

1 Like

Well from one birdheaded follower to another, to parrot an old salt-shaker searcher’s songs ain’t too shabby. Thanks.

1 Like

Well, thanks. Actually, though, I wasn’t all that original in my efforts here. For reasons not all too certain to me (though lack-of-reason is all too associative with me), I was somewhat working off the meter-n-verse of a Jim White tune called Phone Booth In Heaven.

Of course, Charlie Daniels aside, you end on a line which has Carl Wallinger and his World Party whirlin’ within:

Show no mercy, show no mercy,
for the little gray thing therein!"

1 Like

LOL. Hush your fingers.

All y’all is plumb crazy. You know that. Who would read this stuff if they weren’t. I was zipping around for the past 3 days chasing fish. First time I ever caught anything over 13 inches (cat fish and carp don’t count), and all I could think about is look at those waves. I could be out here in a kayak.

1 Like

one can be book smart but common sense comes not from a book. I don’t see this a being hateful, but I am only me. just as looking a kayak, dose not mean it is good for an individuals intended purpose.

My father-in-law has a similar saying “They’re all nuts. Everyone but me and you, and sometimes I wonder about you!”

1 Like

A friend of mine also had a saying, “I am too!” I think I figured it out; we can’t help it - we’re dopamine junkies. Some of us drove bicycles, then realize they make bikes that go off road. After the knees wear out, comes the lure of the kayak. They don’t need roads, just stay out of the sea grass. What could be better - if you fall off the kayak, no road rash. Just pop back up like a cork. A kayak is like a bike with a seat belt. Now that’s crazy.

Just don’t fall out of the kayak in am oyster bed.

Ouch. Never thought of that.

Would you rather be chased,
by hundred-pound mountain lion,
rolling down the single-track
on the back of Mount Zion,

or perhaps some dopamine,
would pop-stop-roll you off corker,
broaching reef-backed surf
besides hunting two-ton porker?

Neither seems conducive to,
constructing thoughts in fear nor boast,
leaving little to chew over