launch permit for blow up kayak in PA?

$65?
Sixty-five bucks for an 8 hour day would be below minimum wage for my state. But maybe these guys could qualify for food stamps and rent subsidy.

Interesting
The pay is just embarrassing.

I actually tried to get one of these positions two years ago…2013. I was told that they would put me on the waiting list because they had so many applicants.

I too was mainly interested in the experience.

I followed up with a couple of calls and was told that they would get in touch with me if there were any spots open. I never heard from them.

Parker
is one they watch.

The outfitters have a tendency not to get their boats registered and Parker is a destination for the renters.

As to “rip off” the fish comm is one of the few things in PA that doesnt come 100% out of taxes. They do a pretty good job and most launches are decent. You do NOT have to buy a permit to float the river, but you may not launch or land at a Fish comm launch or use state park waters. So if you pay for a private launch to launch at and pay for a private launch to land at a few times, like twice a year, the 18 bucks for 2 years isnt that bad.

horrible isn’t it
The recreation passport has been a resounding success. Simple and logical approach.

Deputies
Not full time.

Its basically a subsidized volunteer program, for real conservationists who put their time in.

hey chuck
does Wanda have a launch permit?

I paid $18.00 for my Permit.
At Marsh Creek Lake. It’s good for only two years. Use an out of state address and you’ll pay 10.00 more.

so if you’re out of state
and use a dnr or state park ramp out got to have a permit in advance? and I got to pay more if I come from out of state? Is that right?

that’s how it works in many places

no one wants to pay permit or admission
fees, but everyone wants a clean park and park rules enforced. Go figure.

Washington had multiple overlapping

– Last Updated: Aug-19-15 8:47 PM EST –

example the fee for swimming in 013 ran out when the fee for breathing was still running but then there were 2 new entry fees, state regional and county.

I watched several parties trying to argue thier way in with expired stickers ... and we're not talking $5 here but 25-50-75....

But Ranger... if sticker A is current then sticker B is current...like that. How can you swim if you're not breathing ?

Pa is applauded for moving on the Tupperware crowd for safety equipment and awareness.

TAPE IT
if the Gflex went onto the loose rivets then tape the sticker

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_WW/VHB_Tapes/Home/Resources/three/

Ticketed $85 in Traverse City
for parking in trailer-only spot (which was pretty dumb to do, actually).

http://www.traverseticker.com/story/boat-launch

oh brother
Paddlecraft users and their paranoia about being picked on to support revenue. Just furthers my point.

I’m not claiming to be picked on.
I’m just glad this information got posted here. I’d rather pay the sticker fee than the fine. As a non-PA resident, I had no idea it was necessary. We don’t have that in NY.

I didn’t think you were
…but honestly, if others who do would just look at the condition of parks in general, they’d notice that most states don’t have a giant surplus.

As for the preference that powerboats get over paddlecraft, I don’t have an answer. I imagine if paddlecraft brought the same revenue to a state that powerboats do, they’d figure greater in the state’s choices, but that’s a guess.

understand the background
bottom feeders work off all rec areas with limited intelligence…are you with me so far ?

includes road folk 5 miles away at the Quick Slot

NOT displaying a $40000 powerboat towed by a $50000 automatically casts you out as a source of max income.

You are unwelcome.

Like Canada…

I am never with you

– Last Updated: Aug-20-15 2:16 PM EST –

and that's a dumb argument. A $25 permit, or following signs telling you where to park helps you avoid the mean nasty park ranger.

reason
does not qualify

My state lied about their “park funding
problem” and then used that fake excuse to attempt to sell off state parks to private developers who wanted water rights. When that scheme didn’t work well, they went on to turn over some state parks to partial Federal control. So now some bureaucrat, lobbyist, or banker in either DC or NYC can be the excuse to continue to mess with state parks here.

The revenue spent on state parks is much less than 1% of the entire state budget. Any time state says “we don’t have money for parks” they are lying. Period.

They also are on official record of selectively deciding to pit different user groups against each other to curry favor with this. They expect very nice donations from “non-profit” groups to keep parks open.

The current governor, the ex Jesuit trying to get Los Angeles his big water Tunnel project, btw, is a sleaze on this topic, and has appointed committees of people from SoCal and San Francisco to come to my part of the state and do public hearings threatening us with more park cuts unless we kiss their collective butts. They didn’t phrase it “exactly” that way, but it was close.

The state parks USED to be free and accessible to all. They have changed radically in the last 10 years. Now we have people of dubious intent deliberately mocking this “parks for all” concept, and continuing to attempt to undermine the need for people to retain local control of their recreational resources. The state parks are treated as local gated parks for the wealthiest who live next to them, and every body else is rated on some sort of scale of nuisance.

And my ability to articulate this is why they don’t like paddlers, because we notice sh*t like this.