launch permit for blow up kayak in PA?

No Wonder They Keep Developing
More and more new golf courses instead? Must be a high priority and public need for them. They do charge a fee for using them too.

yes, it’s all a big scam
Just like sea kayaks and the grain industry.

Bribery
It’s much more beneficial to give the ranger a $50 “bonus” for his work instead of paying for the permit!

Follow the $$$…everything is a scam of sorts and always leads back to money. In PA it’s oil gas (fracing) rights to public land which generate private revenues. It used to be fur…then logging…and water…and oil…wind turbines…water again…solar fields soon…

so that sucks

– Last Updated: Aug-21-15 9:04 PM EST –

I live in a really nice place to paddle, Oak Hill WV. It's all free regardless of what state you reside in, no boat registration for canoes, kayaks, and such. This stuff definitely factors in to where I'll boat and where I won't when I'm plannin' vacations. I like spendin' my tourist dollars where the folks and regulation is friendly. Hmmm haven't boated in PA in 20 years- place always feels kind of over regulated, got weird beer laws too. Pine Creek Gorge and Loyalsock will have to wait or be done in stealth mode.

in wv residents alread paid for it with
state income tax and invite you in free. Now say thank you ‘cause we believe in bein’ nice to each other, lots of folks could learn something from “the hillbillies” Just don’t steal our “sang” and its all good.

The public land
that you say people are bribing and or stealing rights to profit on isnt owned by the state. At least sub surface. The state got a lot of land donated by people for parks and such. Those people retained the mineral rights when they sold the surface. The state does not own the gas, and they cannot stop the person who owns the gas from selling it.

Its not a scam, its not a bribe, those people OWN the gas and the profit isnt converted into private revenues, they were never public to begin with. The state is making money on selling the gas they do own, all of the new tax money generated, and not having to spend to repair public roads that have been trash for 20 years that the gas co’s are bonded to fix, correctly.

I was wrong
PAFBC is not funded with state tax dollars at all.

“The Fish and Boat Commission is a user-funded agency - meaning it receives no PA General Fund tax revenue to support its programs. The Commission operates out of two special funds: the Fish Fund and the Boat Fund. The principal sources of revenue for the Fish Fund are fishing licenses and fees (about 66%) and federal funds (about 22%) obtained from taxes on fishing-related items. For the Boat Fund, boat registration/titling fees, refunds of liquid fuels taxes on gas used by motorboats and federal aid are the top revenue categories.”

http://www.bing.com/search?q=pa+fish+and+boat+commission+funding&qs=n&form=QBLH&pq=pa+fish+and+boat+commission+funding&sc=0-29&sp=-1&sk=&ghc=1&cvid=df69ecafd4cb47d58ad027558984268b