Let's Share Photos of Paddling in Autumn Colors

Let’s share photos of paddling in beautiful autumn colors. This is my favorite from the past fall.

6 Likes

Lake Hartwell ,SC

1 Like

Earlier colors…. But a favorite from the fall of mine…guideboat, C4, K2…others if you look closely

2 Likes

1 Like

Due to daily leaf clean up and getting the firewood split and stacked, all of my paddling has been at home for the past month. The first two photos were taken late September:

Only leaves remaining now are the oaks, but high water levels took down four of these mighty trees. Water on the lens blends the fallen trees into the background.

Merchant’s MillPond , Sunbury NC

2 Likes

8 Likes

Michigan’s AuSable River in late October:

4 Likes

I might have a few fall photos to post after Friday canoeing down a river with my new camera. That is if I am capable of figuring out how to operate it. I blame the folks posting great shots on the Wildlife thread and praising their choice of camera for me spending the money on said camera. I also blame them for me spending much of yesterday trying to read and understand what all the dang thing does. This place is hard on my wallet and my brain. I bet those of you who are responsible for my dilemma know who You are! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Is this the Adirondack Canoe Classic? How’d you do? And how much does that boat weigh??

1 Like

I’m a victim, too!!

We did well this year! finished first in the guideboat division. The boat is a beast, 65 lbs empty but we used wheels(14lbs) and the oars are 7lbs each. With tailwinds and wind waves on top of the division, probably the hardest of the 14 Adirondack 90s I’ve competed in!

You should come race it sometime!

Wheels!

6 Likes

Well done!! That does sound like a very fun suffer-fest.

1 Like

And then you pulled me in with you. You’re not off the hook either. :wink:

1 Like

November 5th on the St Joseph River in SW Michigan

The canoe is Autumn Red

Colors are more subdued now. Yesterday around 5:15 PM on the St Joseph

8 Likes

We do get some fall colors in Florida, Weeki Wachee river a few years back. I think this was taken in November

2 Likes

A couple of my favorite fall pictures

6 Likes

You can tell it’s fall in FL when the bald cypress drops its needles and the red maple turns red.

1 Like

8 Likes