Long whitewater boats for rock gardens a

If you fit into a Super Fun you might be
able to fit into a Valley Storm, the roto surf boat. The Super Fun would be ok in surf, but not really great. The Storm has the rails you want, plus a fin kit. If you want composite look for a Mega Impulse or Megatron. Big guys fit those boats.

Dogmaticus

Sounds like a great boat
Just not quite what I had in mind. I don’t need anything quite that unobtainable. Shipping from England to California alone would cost a fortune I’m sure.

I just want a tuff little manueaverable boat that I can order locally or go down to the shop and buy.

I’m sure I’ll find something simple to bang around in with all these new options coming out on the market in 2009.

So far from what I’ve read and heard, the best would be the Dagger Alchemy. I’m sure if that has the fit I’m looking for, it would be just about perfect. Maybe I don’t have a good eye, but it looks kind of Coaster like to me in all of the ways that matter for what I want. Lot’s of volume in the bow, blunt front end so it’s got a pretty long water line for it’s length, skeg which is a plus for me. Hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like it has pretty full chines and a fairly flat bottom. I just get real good feelings looking at it. Enough rocker without going overboard.

If I knew it fit me nice and snug, I’d order one as soon as they are available.

In case anyone in the know is reading, I’m 5’10", 185 lbs., shorter skinny legs, long torso.

I fit most small boats like an Avocet, Chatham 16, Tempest 165.

yeppers
it does have a flat hull, hard edges and is quite fast given it’s 14’ length. I have done some speed tests (heart rate monitor/gps) and it’s only a notch below the T-170/Exploder class. accleleration is actually quicker!

The chines REALLY perform on wave faces and following sea downwinders.

I’ll post some pics tonight of the first proto, BUT they’re first proto and alot has changed deckwise. hull is real close.

steve

MSRP range of Alchemy, please???
Just ballpark would be nice.

either
$1295

or $1395

I can’t remember which.

steve

Pictures
Looking forward to those pictures!