Looking for my last kayak.

Comfy as my favorite chair, faster than a speeding bullet, looks better than everyone else’s, and is tough as nails.

CD Nomad in all Carbon Fiber.

Pamlico 140 with a fancy gray thing.

Well, I could take the seat out of my Manitou14, put it into the QCC700, and throw a paint job on it like the Captain America boat. That should do it!

Tom, be still my heart! I’ve got a Pungo 140 that is close.

It should also be wooden so it can be used as a Viking funeral pyre when you get really old.

There goes String
out on Lake Jocassee,
waved tearfully goodbye
from the shore by his lassie.

“God speed,” whisper some
beneath the flaming arrow’s flight,
others smile while waving hands
awaiting end-of-arc delight.

But (sic)wooden you know it,
they used that Kevlar-wove s-glass,
over okume only for show
so even arrowheads won’t pass .

And thus a shoreline’s disappointed
as vessel leaves charred-arrow slick,
And String weaves on afloat ghost story.
a Southern Goth Quick 'N Dead Epic.

@rsevenic said:
It should also be wooden so it can be used as a Viking funeral pyre when you get really old.

That was cold! :’(

@string said:

@rsevenic said:

That was cold! :’(

Sounds like he’s been watching the Cheasapeake Light Craft videos. However a natural finish wood composite boat gets gets noticed even though there are some high tech carbon fiber boats there.

I was paddling one day with 2 friends who had wooden kayaks, one S&G and the other strip built.
We passed some people who were wowed over the wood ones but never mentioned my beautiful CF boat.

Get a surfski. Coomfortable, fast and light. Many varieties to pick from. Great prices on used ones available. You’ll not regret it.

He had a surfski and sold it already.
Epoxy resin burns, and arrows with the right type of point will penetrate fiberglass, carbon fiber and woven Kevlar. They penetrated steel armour it days of old.

All right, then. Burn, Viking baby, burn, it is!
Knock!

Ready!

LOOSE!!!

(Ash you were, String. Or maybe one of those Texas Water Safari boats in an extruded titanium layup, With a missile defense system, in case you pass too close to a shore party of premature Viking funeral directors.)

You seem to always hit the mark. Grey goose fletching on an ash shaft set to string bending yew bow impacted the fate of nations long after the Danes gone Viking did much the same.

Good thing I don’t have feelings. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wrong forum : )

Found it!
A Carolina Skiff with a Yamaha 4 cycle OB motor.

@string said:
Found it!
A Carolina Skiff with a Yamaha 4 cycle OB motor.

Scout SF 175 with Yamaha 90F is on my boat lift. Comfortable all day. But the engine on my kayak takes less, $$$, work by the mechanics.

I find as the kayak engine ages the maintenance cost goes up!
;0)

If the engine dies, you can replace it - but overhaul is not feasible.