Lost a good paddling partner

Tom, my neighbors just walked by with a fuzzy white puppy who recognized a dog person immediately. I have little bite marks and scratches on both hands.
It was great ! Still too early for me .

1 Like

Kinda like grand kids? Spoil 'em, load 'em up with sugar and send 'em home to their parents. Loving on the neighbors dog might be the way to go.

Or go to a rescue organization and love on several.

1 Like

My Ontario paddling buddy with the yearling Aussie, Copper, just posted a clip of their first on-the-water outing yesterday in the Swift solo. Pup caught on very quickly that his job was to sit still in the canoe. I complimented Dennis on his training progress but he admitted that the on board behavior was more due to Copper having figured out he does not like to be in the cold water. So far he’ll readily charge into the lake from shore to fetch a stick so that bodes well for him being a water dog once the Canadian waterways warm up a bit.

I’ve recently lost a loved one too. My dog Frankie of 16.5 years.
I can totally relate, as I value my dogs more than some humans! Lol.
It’s never easy, and every time I cannot help but feel like “why can’t they live longer…”
Those are some terrific pics you took, and looks like you both had a ton of fun. It reminds us readers to cherish every moment, and keep giving the best to our furry people.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about Frankie.

Thank you for posting

I think I’m doing better but I sure miss my puppy.

Thanks for sharing these great pics and memories. Bummed to hear this news Tom.

1 Like