Moderators

As many of you have likely noticed, we have been hit by spammers recently. Our team responds as soon as we can but sometimes (like the weekends) we are not able to remove flagged posts as quickly as possible.

We would like to add 2-3 moderators to the message boards to help counteract this problem and hopefully get the spammers to go find something else to do with their lives.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEpr2T_gKYw

To ensure that moderators are selected by the group, here is the process:
If you think one of your fellow paddlers would make a good moderator (active on the message boards, fair, non-inflammatory), then reply to this post and mention their handle with the @ - example: @brian

In order to be eligible, that user will need at least three nominations. Once they receive three nominations, I will private message them and ask if they are willing to become a moderator.

A moderator will then have the ability to delete any piece of content and may be able to ban users. The great news is that 99.9% of the actual users here are great so there is not much in the way of insults or fighting.

Thanks so much,
Brian
founder
paddling.com

Great idea I was going to suggest that. They do it on Corvette forum.com.

I think that if she’d be willing to do it, @Rookie would make a terrific moderator for this forum.

Her enthusiasm and thirst for knowledge is extremely contagious and she always seems fair minded and level headed.

@kfbrady said:
I think that if she’d be willing to do it, @Rookie would make a terrific moderator for this forum.

Her enthusiasm and thirst for knowledge is extremely contagious and she always seems fair minded and level headed.

2nd the nomination!

Celia

CapeFear

Magooch

Bnystrom

Not much fighting here I see so it’s not like political section of Corvetteformum where people are threatening each other and getting banned. LOL

PaddleDog52, Marshall, second on Celia, Magooch, Bynstrom, CapeFear.

Second Marshall.

Many here much longer than me.

@PaddleDog52 said:
Bnystrom

2nd

So far it looks like:
@bnystrom - 3 votes
@Rookie - 2 votes
@Marshall - 2 votes
@Celia - 2 votes
@magooch - 2 votes
@CapeFear - 2 votes
@PaddleDog52 - 1 vote

@brian said:
So far it looks like:
@Rookie - 2 votes
@Marshall - 2 votes
@Celia - 2 votes
@magooch - 2 votes
@bnystrom - 2 votes
@CapeFear - 2 votes
@PaddleDog52 - 1 vote

bnystrom has three, PaddleDog52, me, and string. Maybe he’ll agree to be the bot eliminator. :slight_smile:

@Rookie it looks like I am having some trouble with math. Thanks for that. I have asked @bnystrom to be a moderator.

I’d love to have 2-3 more people get a third vote so we can have 3 moderators total.

Me no want job when I go back to work I can’t be on as much thanks anyway.

@PaddleDog52 said:
Me no want job when I go back to work I can’t be on as much thanks anyway.

I removed you from the list.

I appreciate the support, but for some of the older hands here I may not be a great choice over someone like bnystrom. Oops - read above and bnystrom has been asked. I think Marshall would be great if he has the time.

Time is key.

I’ll third @Rookie

All prior listed names work for me, but not clear who still needs votes and who has dropped out.