My last Current Designs NA kayak addition

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/347686665893030/

Decent deal been looking for one for a while. Paid for now just need to go get it after labor day weekend. Shows you can get a decent yak without breaking the bank.
Will update the pedals and install wide base seat like my other 4 North American style CD kayaks.

Now I have Libra XT, Solstice, Extreme HV, Extreme STD, and Expedition.

And a suit that goes over your head and around the opening of the kayak to keep you dry! :wink: Enjoy.

oh well… what is the new one?

Marketplace Isn’t Available to You
You may be seeing this message if you recently joined Facebook, if Marketplace hasn’t launched in your country, or if your account doesn’t meet our eligibility requirements. To learn more, visit our Help Center.

What a great deal!

The suit, it is either one of the fancy cags like from Kokata or someone made a properr mukluk themselves, yes? So a top more than a suit?

@Doggy Paddler said:
And a suit that goes over your head and around the opening of the kayak to keep you dry! :wink: Enjoy.

A Tuilik?

From the paucity of info in the ad I was thinking the seller just meant a spray skirt, but maybe you guys are right. If they had a Tuilik I’d be impressed.

Yes, that’s a decent deal. Nice!

I had him send me additional pictures of bottom. Some scratches not bad. Downloaded pictures to computer where I could zoom in real good. Someone owed the guy money a gave him the kayak. Seller said his father took the kayak to the lake and couldn’t turn it very easy. 4 hr. ride each way but I’ll mix it some sightseeing also.

@rsevenic said:

@Doggy Paddler said:

A Tuilik?

No clue I’ll see when I get it.

@grayhawk said:

You may be seeing this message if you recently joined Facebook, if Marketplace hasn’t launched in your country, or if your account doesn’t meet our eligibility requirements. To learn more, visit our Help Center.

@grayhawk said:

Sorry didn’t make it to clear. It’s a Current Designs Expedition. Fast good for lots of gear. 22.25" wide. Almost 19’ I think it’s like a CD Extreme with higher deck.

Let us know when you get it what the “suit” is - I’m curious.

I believe that the hull shape on an expedition, is different than that of a Extreme. It seems to me that it is rounded to make a faster hull. {also a bit more of a challenge, but fast}

@roym said:
I believe that the hull shape on an expedition, is different than that of a Extreme. It seems to me that it is rounded to make a faster hull. {also a bit more of a challenge, but fast}

You may be right I know it’s supposed to be easier when some load is in it.I can’t find reviews for it here anymore. It;s said to be bit tippy, Bit more windage also I guess with slightly higher deck. It’s 3/4" higher than an Extreme now called Nomad. Hope it’s faster easier to get to 7 mph than my Extreme LOL. But I’m getting older if I try again. Extreme is 6.9 mph just teasing me all the time but that’s just a sprint in zero tide or wind water both ways in my canal…

Looks like just glass hull not Kevlar like my others. Bungees, hatch, straps black rudder are not faded much it has been under wraps most of it’s life. Original seat back is hardly worn. After buying so many I know just what to look for, Black seam is not faded either. Clip on bungee usual fades left exposed. Foam is hardly worn on thigh braces on combing.

it’s a 2002

Most of my camping buddies had the NA CD’s. They were fast loaded. This one has the Maple Leaf… Built when CD was CD…
Nice boat.

https://paddling.com/gear/current-designs-expedition-6-kayak/#reviews