Old sea kayak models (out of production)

and another not made anymore
My Nordkapp Jubilee HM {Sectional}

Necky Tahsis in Kevlar. Never should have sold it!

1 Like

Yep. My Anas Acuta will be in my fleet forever.

Loved my Airalite Dagger Specter 15.5. Boats no longer made (but I don’t understand why) - Current Designs Isle, Prijon Combi , Prijon Marlin HTP, P & H Hammer, Jackson Journey, Jackson Karma RG.

In my current quiver
Original Mariner aka Mariner 1 from 1984
Northwest Kayaks Sportee 1992
Feathercraft Java

Recently sold
Feather Kahuna
Klepper Aerius 1

Recently stolen Mariner Express

1 Like

An Easy Rider Eskimo 15 showed up at my local indie outdoor sport outfitter on consignment 2 summers ago. I had never seen an ER boat in person and was incredibly impressed with the quality and design of the boat and the remarkable lightness – at $500 (actually “free” for me since I had around $600 in credits at the store for the consignment split of all my old backpacking and mountaineering gear I had already sold through them) I nearly bought it but talked myself out of it and left without it (my walk out basement was already clogged with my fleet of 7 boats). I changed my mind a couple of days later and went back to learn that a guy had been in the day before and freaked out when he saw it, saying the Eskimo had long been his “dream” boat and he never thought he would ever find one. Needless to say, he snagged it. So I did not feel so bad about missing out on it knowing it went to somebody who would appreciate it that much.

1 Like

Stolen?? How awful!

2 Likes

Actually the new owner contacted me. Apparently the tenant living in my condo traded it for some mechanic work. I will tack $1000 in damages as she’s moving out soon so we can sell. I am kicking myself for not throwing her out with a 30 day notice instead of a 60

5 Likes

Another Valley… my Avocet LV. Great little boat. Also have an ANCIENT Foster-Rowe Silhouette- love the ocean cockpit!

2 Likes

3 Likes

P&H Baidarka Explorer and Wilderness Systems Arctic Hawk Kevlar
They can bury them with me.

6 Likes

There were so many big fast kayaks for a long time. Necky, Easy Rider, and Eddyline were some of my favorites. There were lots of fiberglass kayaks with cockpits that had length, speed, carrying capacity and elegant lines.

Then kayak world went cheap and plastic. Boats got shorter and beamier. It is a crying shame what is out there now.

5 Likes

Still plenty of available real sea kayaks out there.

1 Like

Could you let us know where they’ll be buried? We’ll respect your bones, but maybe grab the dry suit.

3 Likes

Piratical tomb raiders!

Okay… I’m losing it over here. The Avocet LV is my dream boat if I got another. PURPLE!!!

And also, is that Assateague?

1 Like

Wilderness Systems Shenai still have. You need chicken legs to fit in it.

Also the Barry Buchanan Caribou… Pre Current Designs. Don’t have it anymore.

Yes, Avocet! We have an Avocet RM which I really like but would prefer one a bit smaller. Every single Avocet LV I’ve seen for sale used gets scooped up before I can get there. Would love to try one out someday.

1 Like

I paddled one once and it was a dream. It was not purple, though. I love my boats, but… yeah.

1 Like

You can have the purple one, I’ll take any color at all - though yellow or green would be nice :wink:

1 Like