Ozark Fall Rendezvous 2022 - Current River

Yep, summer is flying by. I don’t want to wish my life away but I’m already thinking about fall and cooler weather as its been HOT here in Missouri. Wanted to start the discussion about Fall Rendezvous at the Current River. If we still go with typical third weekend the dates would be October 12th to October 16th. Do those dates work or is there any interest in going the following week October 19th to October 23rd? Makes no difference to me, but I do need to get my vacation request in soon. Fingers crossed that Rob can join us, he can paddle but will have to see if he can get off work.
I know our group has shrunk but I still enjoy getting together with whoever can make it and of course anyone reading this who hasn’t been to the Ozark Rendezvous come join us as you’ll have a good time. I have been blessed to have made life long friends through this group.
See ya all soon!

1 Like

After driving back early last spring to take my wife to a concert the was cancelled last minute, I resolved to keep the Fall Rendezvous dates open. As luck would have it, our daughter’s wedding is October 16. If everyone prefers the second week, I’d like to join in but do what works best for everyone. Cheers, Marty

Either set of dates would work fine for me but if pushed to choose one I would probably prefer the later dates.

It seems that the last few years peak color in southern Missouri has tended to be later in October. Also, if we intend to camp at Pulltite campgroud as usual, campsite rates are half price ($10 as opposed to $20 per site per day) from October 16 on. On the other hand, after October 15 campsites cannot be reserved in advance.

I agree that colors have been getting later and later and I have no issue going a week later. Yes, it will be first come first serve but we won’t have any issues. Hopefully some other folks that are regulars will weigh in on the date.

Well, I intend to come, though these days I can be flexible on date.
Eric, Rena, Yooperchic and Tom, Fishdoc, PuffinGin and perhaps other northern members from our group are planning a DuluthMoose Memorial paddle up in Sylvania Wilderness Area, but that should be the end of Sept and be over well before the Fall 'Vous dates being considered.

I joined you all in 2018 and I’m planning on attending this year if nothing urgent intervenes.

1 Like

I’d like to join the group again, and again would enjoy a few days on the Buffalo with another paddler if the water is high enough. Regards - Snarv.

1 Like

Pat,
I’ve written you a couple of emails due to the difficulty of using this site. If you replied they got lost in all the political garbage i get. Am about to light up a new email address for friends like yourself so that we can communicate. Will stay in touch. - Snarv.
PS. If affordable, and the trip is open…I’d like to join you in September for that and any other adventures that might be in the offing. - Snarv