Paddle storage-pics

How do you store your paddles? Racks, hooks, shelf… photos!

2 Likes

Need to find wall space for this fiberglass paddle (which is rarely used)

Is that a Cyprus? What kind of tape are you using on the blades… I’m assuming it’s reflective?

Yes, a Cyprus. Tape is a reflective duck tape found in the crafts department at Walmart.

Each double and single blade paddle hung with the blade between two L shaped brackets. Just lift an inch or so to remove.

1 Like

This storage is at another house, so I can’t take a picture, but I have two of these plastic crates stacked, upside down, with paddle shafts sticking through the square openings in the crate. Passing the paddle shafts through the square openings in the lower stacked crate keeps the paddles vertical.

2 Likes

Found this pink camo padded rifle case for $11 in the local discount store and discovered it’s perfect for my GearLab carbon GP.

Also figure anyone spotting it in my car thinks I’m a badass redneck babe (well, part of that is true).

2 Likes

I like your GP wall display. Now kicking myself for having donated all those old 1980’s decor big wooden dowel drapery rod brackets to Goodwill.

I love the rubber coated U-hooks for securely storing individual paddles.

2 Likes

1 Like

What are those cool bag/hangers!?

Found the wood dowels at Home Depot. I really need to get a laser level.

One of the more useful tools I have bought. Do it, you’ll wonder why you didn’t sooner

1 Like

That is a product that was marketed by Skwoosh and imprinted with Kayak Academy’s logo. I won them in a lottery 10 years ago. Seemed like a silly thing to have but I started using them for storage and transport and came to like the way they treated my paddles. Here is a link to the same bags at Austin Kayak. They are out of stock and the thing may be completely out of production. If you have a good sewing machine they would be a snap to make. Fabric is Cordura. https://www.austinkayak.com/Kayak-Paddle-Bag/ACK195P.html

1 Like

They’re paddles not babies!

Rinse and put in dock box with all my other kayak gear. . Have a few paddle bags for traveling. Ones I use less get bagged.

1 Like

@Andy_Szymczak Off topic, but have you bought any of those Onno paddles recently? I read some reviews online with complaints of late or no delivery. They seem to be available on ebay, but I’m a little hesitant after the Trak experience.

My 3 paddles live on the floor behind my front seat as long as the possibility of paddling exists. Otherwise, they hang in the garage on a rack a friend made.

I have never had an issue with Patrick (Onno). In fact fact, he will be reparing a paddle I drove over. Patrick has gone through some terrible personal issues and the hurt is still with him. He is a one man shop, an artist with carbon fiber, and yes, he has left some in the lurch. Knowing him as I do, I have never had an issue that has turned me from him. My son and I spent the day with Patrick and his son on the big island of Hawaii.

1 Like

I owned an Onno Signature Full Tour for a time. Patrick was really great to work with and crafted a paddle that we both felt confident would suit my needs. The paddle arrived, on schedule, was exactly as advertised and was a work of art. The paddle had a catch like nothing else and drove every boat/boater faster in a straight line than anything I/they had ever used. It tuned out that the overall profile of the Signature Full Tour paddle was incompatible with my development goals.

Patrick/Onno exemplified the sort of integrity that we look for in our friends and the folks we do business with but I made a mistake in not knowing what I really needed and demoing it beforehand.