Paddlin' in the rain?

I was more willing to do it when I was
young and didn’t need to wear specs. But I will certainly put on and paddle in a light rain, just not in a downpour.

…goal…communication…right???
………………………effective communication!!!..factors enhancing same………………………sentences of a complete nature!!!..grammar and punctuation………………………………………of a nature that could be considered proper!!! …………………….misunderstanding rates reduced……………comprehension factor influenced in a positive direction……………….affirmative???

Light Rain is good
and I’ve never gotten a sunburn in the rain.

jim

Yeah
I could tell that you have the capability to view large weather maps. But I couldn’t tell if you (would) paddle in rain.

in the Northwest
if you don’t paddle in the rain, you don’t paddle

I, for one, find it pleasant

it starts raining and I think “let’s go paddling!” :slight_smile:

I am wary of rain
in So Cal because of the icky storm drainage. Used to love paddlingthe snowstorms up in Tahoe.

When I go to paddle…the last thing
I care about is the weather so let it rain. My ass, paddle and kayak are all waterproof.

Paddlin’ on

Richard

OK Celia , to clarify , yes …

– Last Updated: Jun-05-08 8:19 AM EST –

......... maybe - maybe not , depends on other factors ......... rain in itself is of no concern , I would be out in it not considering it a factor ....... but rain is just one small component of the enviromental conditions in the mix developing or perhaps the rain is the crescendo and no other factors need be taken into consideration ......... I did not elaborate on any particular abilities to understand weather , although I do have formal and self motivated training plus much practical experience in same .......... you seem to have good insight or assumtion .......... for what it's worth , I am a weather junkie , mainly because it is a major factor in the out of doors world were we enjoy being , and also it fascinates me .......... up close and personal "in non-standard weather" is what many avoid were as I personally thrive on it ......... safety is always #1 priority in such conditions , but your understanding of safe may or may-not be as mine ..

Tully Lake
I agree, I cut my paddling teeth at Tully Lake, so I enjoyed your photos. You even got Spirit Falls. Nice.

Storm Cagoule is indispensible in rain
http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=2267&sku=2267

or hat
http://www.global-b2b-network.com/direct/dbimage/50235827/Knitted_Reversible_Hat.jpg

if I could
think of a way to harness the energy of Maine black flies, I could solve the oil crunch

“Just laughin’…
…,and paddlin’, in, the rain, dah da-dot, da-da, dah-da da-da-dot da,…dah da-dot, da-da,…”

http://sports.webshots.com/album/177665697UYSgOD?start=0

Sometimes ya gotta look ole Hurricane Charley in the eye (it’s calmer that way), wipe the moisture from yer own, don’t let Doc Bob’s (the dog) disgruntled expression unsettle ya too much, and cheerfully Paddle On.

Course, it helps to have Duckheaded comrades and a teutonic-temptress with a portable liquor cabinet about ya in such circumstances.

And remember, as the Irish say gazing towards the precipitatin’ heavens, “Tis a soft day. And, bein’s I’m still above the mud, a fine one, n’er the less!”

TW

I probably would go. I have good
rain gear so I’m going to stay dry anyhow. Of course, I’m not talking about paddling in squalls. They get scary when on the water.

no one in my circle either

Of course!
It’s new water in the rain. I have done 22 miles in heavey down pour and loved it. I have done many when it rains on and off. The key is a spray skirt and a good rain shell. Paddle often!