Paddling fuel or emergency rations

I asked my wife to bring home some Oreos . However, she went to Sam’s and they had none.
I didn’t know these were made anymore and Sam’s doesn’t sell in small quantities.

I’m good for a dozen or more trips.
And then I found the dozen Honey Buns.

2 Likes

So that means at least one trip you’ll be HUNGRY MAN or you’re cutting them in half?

There are plenty to share without cutting them in half and I have 6 grandsons. They will be reserved for camping trips when the boys never slow down.

Dunno how you can eat those and still be skinny enough to be called “string.” Blessed with high metabolism, I guess.

Eat one on my behalf. I’ll enjoy vicariously. :drooling_face:

sing

2 Likes

The key is moderation, high metabolism, and a lot of body to burn it. Although my exercise has been reduced by physical issues I’ve lost 20+ pounds in a year.
I’m just not a foodie .
I used to drink a Coke a day and we kept a pitcher of sweet tea in the fridge.
They are gone.

1 Like

My latest fav paddling fuel:

In ziploc bags.

4 Likes

Yeah, I think the moon pie factory is about a third of Chattanooga’s economy… ;0)

2 Likes

Now you’ve got me hankerin’ for “the Maine thing.”
Whoopie!

whoopiepie

1 Like

My wife introduced our kids and their cousins to Smores which have the same ingredients as Moon Pies. She made them in Girl Scouts.
I suppose the fun is making them.
2 graham crackers, a Hershey chocolate bar, and a marshmallow. Chocolate placed on the cracker , marshmallow cooked over a campfire until it’s ready to fall off the stick. Slap the marshmallow between the crackers so it all mushes together and on your fingers.
Not my thing, too sweet and I hate sticky fingers.

Enough for a dozen trips or more 12 in a box. :laughing:

You might want to place your pre-order for the limited edition oreo-stuffed oreos that are coming out soon. Why take chances?

A page full of sugar.
Paddling fuel and emergency rations requires some protein and fats.

2 Likes

No worries, there’s plenty of fat in Most Oreo Oreos! Of the 110 cals in each one, 41% come from fat.
Protein? Zilch. Better pack some nuts too!

1 Like

Almond Joy?

Just grab whatever’s handy

4 Likes

:+1:
Or two!

I go out to lose weight. :cry: So most I bring is a nut bar 200 calories for the day.

Is that a trout? Looks like a pretty big tail.

sing

1 Like

I’m kinda partial to these for life or death emergency rations.

But don’t grab one of these (bluebottle):

My first time paddling ocean waters (happened to be off coast of Australia) I encountered what looked like a lot of blue fishing line. I neatly grabbed for it - but then had a second thought. It was a wise second thought.

1 Like