Peter Puddicombe

I’m willing to help too!
I agree! Peter has done very well by me. I would be willing to take a week off to help too. Let me know when and where.

Hi Mom
Hi mom; I’ve worked all week on you sticks P.

how can we help?
Peter - it’s terrific to have you back in touch again. I’m so sorry to hear about your depression and hope you’re taking all the healthy steps possible to feel good again. My offer to help stands - I have some experience with tools, construction, etc. and would love the chance to learn from you, while helping you get the orders out. I’m a teacher and could come up for a week over my spring break in March, or for a longer time after school’s out in June. No strings - no cost to you - period. I’m absolutely serious - it would be a privilege and an honor to work with you if you feel it would be helpful. You’ll be in my prayers - all good thoughts coming your way. Mike in Iowa

COMMUNICATIONS
I appreciate the personal reply.

PLEASE be honest with all of these people. They have seen the QUALITY and ART you build into WildWood Paddles.

COMMUNICATION and TRUST keeps us moving forward.

Anyone actually get a paddle yet??
Just wondering if anyone has actually received a paddle yet from Peter or was he just blowing smoke back in September when he posted? I really hope the September posts were for real.

paddles
no, I have not heard a word in any format and have not received my paddles - has anyone else either heard from peter or gotten their paddles…

no news or paddle
12/20/05 9:39 pm central time. I have received absolutely no correspondance from Peter Puddicombe.

Paddle
Nope. Still running on hope and faith.

Swindled???
Looks like NO ONE has received a paddle from him. About a month ago I emailed Darren at Rutabaga. He has heard about the lack of response from Peter and tried to contact him several times to no avail. Seems like he is ignoring everyone.

I feel bad for him if he is having some personal problems, but on the other hand he took my money and refuses to respond to any of my contacts. It’s great and all that he responded to this site—but…nothing has come of it. I am losing my patience.

I am giving Peter one last shot. I just mailed him a letter requesting a timetable (or some type of response/explanation from him) or my money back. If he doesn’t respond in some way over the next month, I will take action. My first response will be to file a mail fraud complaint with the USPS (since I mailed my check by mail),I will also contact the local authorities to file a complaint and to find out what legal action may be taken. Then I will do my best to make sure the proper authorities know that he has been receiving many $229.00 checks over the last year(most likely tax free)–maybe they can get him on tax evasion.

Anybody have a better idea??? I don’t think I’m being unresonable, I paid for a paddle either deliver on your promise or give the money back–either way I will be happy (I’d be happier with the paddle, but I feel that is unrealistic). Right now I am convinced I will never see my money or the paddle. I am just not going to make it comfortable for someone who has possibly swindled me.

Hopefully Peter proves me wrong, but I’m not holding my breath.

Tim

No word from Peter
I haven’t heard from him.

I’m writing it off as a loss…

my loss
will be written off…

You guys are better than me
I wish I could be as forgiving as you two are and just right this off as a loss (although I feel the likely hood of my money or paddle arriving anytime are basically nill), but health problems and all—this guy has taken money from people when he obviously knew he couldn’t deliver the product—I cannot just let that go. I am not taking action yet as I am still giving him resonable amount of time to respond (and of course documenting it), but my patience is gone.

Tim

I’m not forgiving Peter
I’m not forgiving Peter, I’m just accepting the fact that I was swindled.

I honestly don’t want my paddle. I take great pleasure in owning handcrafted items -items made by a single individual. But this particular individual isn’t the type of person we thought he was.

I’d gladly accept my $230 back but I would never want the paddle. There has been too much stress and heartache over this and the paddle would just be a reminder of that. If it ever did arrive I would either burn it in the fireplace or sell it on eBay (more likely sell it on eBay…)

Its a new year. I’m just gonna forget it and move on. It has already cause me too much time, money and stress.

Take care.

action
I agree totally with the legal action. Peter and the people around him have not been fair with us.

What is the first step?

Here’s the latest
Peter Puddicombe is selling his paddles on ebay. This guy can’t get any of our paddles made, won’t acknowledge any of our contacts, but somehow finds the time to make some paddles and sell them on ebay. Is he going to screw these people over as well? I am truly amazed by his actions and very dissappointed.

Tim

Ebay
I bought one of Peter’s paddles on Ebay this Spring. I received it about 3 weeks later. Very grateful. It’s a wonderful paddle. My mother (67) will be using it in the BWCA in a week.