Pnet website renovation coming soon

Without the classified ads…
I won’t check in as often. I’ve gotten some VERY good deals by being quick to respond.

T

Perhaps there will be a separate
forum section for selling equipment. Can’t imagine that not being offered as even the small forums with low traffic have such sections.

Reviews
are interpreted based on what you know…‘like’ you gotta know right ?

This is what you just wrote about box not box.

I find reviews useful n if there entertaining …eg in buying a Solstice Titan fir observation n camping, reviewers complied of wind blow.

A Negative.

The complaints character left me not weighting this n I bought a used Titan from … Pad’s classifieds.

The wind blow is a function of not loading the hull correctly…as not using the design’s capacities.

Same in bicycles or vehicles…not loaded right or tire pressure off.

I’m currently working on sandals. Two Teva’s AAA but the last didn’t wear as ell as the first.

No club…eg Eckleson…so ? I dunno.

Too many to choose from. No market effect.

Dr Shoals should build one.

"Buy and Sell"
If you look at the screenshot, that’s one of the tabs across the top. Same as classifieds, perhaps?

Good catch.
Hadn’t noticed that.

I used to paddle with a Dr. Shoals
…but my boat always got scratched up.

Classifieds a big attraction for me, too
I come here daily for those. May not visit as often without them.

There will be classifieds.
Also known as “Buy and Sell”

Where do you find that?

You can see a preview of
the new site in the 11/2/16 newsletter, where it was first announced.

http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=783950cb0b5631ae167c815a6&id=bff163bc03

Look at the right hand tab. Says “buy and sell.”

Sissy’s eagle eye caught that one.

it might be wise if
the announcement on the current classified ads section was a bit more clear. I’ve heard from other paddlers offline that the classifieds are THE only section of the website that they frequent.

dang . Sissy

– Last Updated: Nov-10-16 10:49 AM EST –

can also find invisible bugs and snakes and get great photos of them.. I go to the same area and say "what gator"

I cant find that buy and sell section so my eyes are still bad!

Edit.. just found it. on the right upper edge

Still didn’t find it.
Did find the sweepstakes registration and the kayaktrader.com link.

look at the top right of this image

– Last Updated: Nov-10-16 1:50 PM EST –

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/783950cb0b5631ae167c815a6/images/7e15ac98-13ed-428a-87df-ec6c3a89294c.jpg

Gray text on a white field, says "buy and sell". Sort of hard to make out but it appears to be there.

I did notice the description says the same content as the old site, same community, etc. That's not really true.

Okay, I found that, but can’t actually
click on it to enter it.

The current classifieds hasn’t had a new entry in days.

Is the new Buy and Sell operational?

Just checked classifieds and now see
a revised message:

“ALERT: The Paddling.net Classified Ad service will be taking a temporary hiatus very soon…”

Tried to place a test ad but couldn’t so am guessing the Pnet owners are getting their ducks in a row for the change over. Making such a conversion has to be a lot of work, checking and rechecking so data isn’t lost.

Maybe we’ll get a heads up before the transition, or maybe one morning we’ll just log in to a bright new shiny home page. Kind of like having your house redecorated while you were away.

Classifieds already on hiatus.
I just got a response from Kevin from my email inquiry:

“Thank you for your e-mail.

We will be rolling out a new website in the next few weeks and the Classified Ads will be taking a hiatus during the transition.

For the time being, you can still browse and respond to the ads posted, but we have disabled any new ads being posted until the new website is established and the bugs have been worked out. After that time, we will look at getting a better Classified Ad section established on the new website.”

that is great news
It’s understandably going to take a pause to transition from the old ads to the new ad system.

You trying to get in one last buy
and paddle? D?

Though I don’t know where you will put it before ice up.

I don’t know.maybe cornditches don’t freeze…

I sense a bit of withdrawl

I bought my present kayak in january

– Last Updated: Nov-10-16 4:45 PM EST –

At the time, we had 1' snow cover and all lakes were iced in. It hung from the ceiling of the living room in the 1 bedroom cabin I had at the time, where I laid on the sofa under it, looking up longingly at it for the rest of winter.

By spring I was ready - to open a window and let the smell of curing composite and epoxy out.