Poll: What Should My Paddle Length Be?

Consider this.
All my WW boats are much wider than most sea kayaks. I am 5’ 10" with average length arms, average width shoulders, and average length torso. I use a 194 and many would use shorter. My sea kayak is 21" wide. I use a 210 and that seems a bit long. I intend to get a shorter shaft (I have a Lendal paddle) at some point so my paddles are more compatible. Shorter paddles have a lot to recommend them.

Try Epic Interactive Paddle Wizard
http://www.epickayaks.com/home/paddle_wizard.aspx

3 Paddles for sale
I have the following paddles that I would like to sell as a group. Thay are all different lengths and styles. Try them all, pick the one you like and sell the others to recover your investment:

1)205 cm lightning high angle touring paddle, all-carbon one piece, RH75 degrees feather. This is the lightest paddle I have ever used. Very good condition.

2) 217 cm Simon River Sports, All carbon One piece, RH75 degrees of feather. This paddle has some damage to the blades, but I still used it without problem. Fair condition.

3) 230 cm Lighning Low angle touring paddle, fiberglass, 2-piece construction, Feather settings: 0, 60RH, 60LH. My first paddle. Makes a good backup or spare paddle. Good condition.

I am a full-time wing paddler and do not need any of these paddles anymore. Buy all three for $250 plus $30 for shipping. That is only $93 each. No warranties or returns. Email me if interested. I will be on vacation and may not have access to a computer next week. So be patirnt if you are interested.

I’m your height and age and i say 215
Not that the age has anything to do with it.

I am 6’1, 24, paddle an Elaho (22.5 inch wide) or a 26’’ wide Gannet and my 215 Aquabound Tripper works great for me with both boats. I had a Aquabound Tsunami paddle(all carbon,big blades) in a 210 and i kept banging the paddle on the deck once in a while.

I know this is an old post but did anyone else notice it says centimetres please…but the width of boat was inches :flushed::flushed::hushed::hushed: :grin::laughing::sweat_smile::joy::joy::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

@whatidnottaken

There are a lot of standard deviats in this post.

1 Like

Nothing abnormal Boats are sold in foot and inch lengths and paddles in centimeters. Been that way here for as long as I can remember
How DO you exhume old posts?

1 Like

Are you asking how to do it or why i did it ? @kayamedic .
How = you search for something and read the answers before asking a question that may of already been asked…
Why = see above… :wink::wink::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::hugs:

What is your point? I noticed all the measurements that were written in the thread. Kayaks have been sold citing feet since the '80’s,
and kayak paddles have always been in centimeters. Not at all odd.

Don’t worry yourself it obviously went over your head pmsl

The length you like.