Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

Those white things? On the blue bow?

1 Like

They are called “Flatpick’s Invention” after Steve Scheerer. Prior to the North Water Paddle Britches they were the spare paddle holder of choice in the PNW. They are made of PVC waste elbows from the plumbing aisle of your favorite home improvement store. Rock solid and very easy to use. Makes changing and storing paddles a cinch. Always seemed reliable in blown surf landings, windowshades, etc.

2 Likes

Now it isn’t empty.

1 Like

Frost on the beach.

7 Likes

Gorgeous day to paddle to Three Rooker Bar from the Dunedin Causeway

10 Likes

Ducks

5 Likes

My favorite pic so far!

Redtail hawk on the Paw Paw a few days ago.

Winter fog this morning.

St Joseph River today.

7 Likes

Naval War College, Newport RI

3 Likes

You must have had access to the base to get that pic! I did get to launch from there several times as kayak support for the Save the Bay swim, which was always lots of fun. I lived in Jamestown for 11 years.

1 Like

We came here from there. We moved during Covid after my husband did a Masters there.
Newport was very nice and we lived in the historical district. The students have their own little marina there by the officers club and we enjoyed that during that time.

I bet you saw a lot of crazy big boats there! One day I saw the World Cup sailboat zipping around the harbor out by the bridge. The one that has the big hydrofoils?

1 Like

It was fun to paddle out to all the superyachts and look them up on the internet to see who owned them :laughing:

2 Likes

I saw lots and lots of huge yachts and some really cool classic sailboats (more my interest) when I was there. There was always something fun to look at when I was out sailing or paddling.

1 Like

Crazy winter here in cny

4 Likes

We had ice-out here in SE Michigan last week which allowed me to paddle past a section of the Huron frequented by eagles. There were ospreys and red tail hawks withing a few hundred yards of them, not sure why they were having a bird of prey convention.

6 Likes

Paw Paw river yesterday (SW MI).

Some snow highlights remained from the “light, passing snow showers” the day before.

Couple pics from the St Joseph earlier this week.

Since the “big” melt a couple weeks ago the Paw Paw has dropped from 2000 cfs to 500 cfs and the St Joseph has dropped from 10000 cfs to 5000 cfs. Lots of fun experiencing the rivers at different levels as they change daily.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Sunset over Lake Michigan yesterday

10 Likes

A slice of heaven on earth.

1 Like

Our joke around Newport yachts was
“Hey! He cut me off”

1 Like