Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

I have cold feet and these photos give me chills. Mukluks for dogs?

Fury Bay

51 29’09.45”N 127 45’45.55”W

We surfed into Fury Bay through a narrow gap between Penrose and Fury Islands in order to access the brilliant Clam Beach. This is Traditional Territory of the Wuikinuxw First Nation who sheltered here and harvested shellfish from time immemorial. The bay is now used as a safe anchorage for pleasure boaters, is part of Penrose Island Marine Park and a popular stop for Inside Passage paddlers. I wonder how many who pass know the history. We ate lunch then pressed on south across Rivers Inlet.

5 Likes

Ticonderoga Bay, VIC Australia

3 Likes

Caddo Lake, Texas in the winter.

5 Likes

Looks like our Sparkleberry Swamp.

July Afternoon on Campania Island, BC

53 02’53”N 129 26’47”W

3 Likes

Nice 11 miler around Three Rooker Island (or what’s left of it) from the Dunedin Causeway today. A bit brisk for Florida with highs in the low 50s and just enough wind to really feel it. Very quiet out on the water though which has been a rarity since the pandemic started.

6 Likes

December 31 sunrise on Resurrection Bay

Mississippi R. yesterday. View upstream from lock&dam 11 Dubuque

2 Likes

South of Brooks Peninsula.

5 Likes

Looks about right. Powerful place on the kindest of days.

1 Like

Four Creeks WMA near the Four Creeks State Forest in Floirda a couple or three winters ago. One of those epic days with cool fog above warm-esh water. The day got warmer, but every time you paddled into the fog it was cool. Just hung around a longer time than normal.

1 Like

1 Like

Rainbow River today. It was cold and windy enough (by Florida standards) to keep most people away from the water so I had the river almost to myself.

4 Likes

Sunrise, Florida.

10 Likes

Thought I’d get out there before the wind picked up and knocked off last night’s snow.

4 Likes

2 Likes

January sunset, Clear Fork of Trinity River, Fort Worth, TX

4 Likes

4:30 AM on Laredo Channel, BC
52 48’10"N 129 12’29"W

2 Likes

Alouette Lake, BC

6 Likes