Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

Nice one!

1 Like

Into the abyss…

2 Likes

Play Day at West Point
47 39’43"N 122 26’08"W

7 Likes

Afternoon paddle at Weedon Island Preserve - St Petersburg FL. The sun on the mangroves was beautiful!

2 Likes

I may or may not have stolen the wife’s new boat to try it out. I mean, it was nearly 60 degrees and sunny, so I can’t really be blamed. Besides, she wouldn’t let me try it when we took it out the first time…

4 Likes

April morning paddle on the Meremac River, St. Louis, MO.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Grant Narrows where the Pitt River meets Pitt Lake BC

9 Likes

Love this image!

1 Like

5 Likes

Lovely!

Somewhere in the Great Bear Rainforest

We landed on a protected beach and pulled the low hanging cedar boughs back to allow access to the forest. In front of us stood the remains of a Kitasoo Xais Xai longhouse that dated back to the time when Jamestown was the center of European culture in North America. Two 40 foot logs were supported atop four 10 foot house posts. The logs were nurses to trees that stretched up towards the sunlight. Steps made of rotting hand-hewn cedar planks descended from all four sides forming a rectangular “pit” or stage in the center.

10 Likes

Cool find!

1 Like

Two years later we were paddling The Outside Passage from Prince Rupert to Port Hardy. It had been an active 4 hours of paddling down Laredo Channel and we were ready for a lunch break. We pulled into the same spot to eat and see how things looked. Half of what you see had collapsed and the other half was nearly down. Two years. We saw it while it was standing. Today it is certainly gone. That place had the strongest spiritual vibe on anyplace I have ever been. Kind of scary, actually.

1 Like

Just an “anxious to get out there” pretty picture, but it’ll be another 3 months or so. Or, you can see it as 2-meter whitecaps.

8 Likes

And even with a PFD! :grin:

1 Like

There’s mist cross those mountains
of ole lady Pitt,
she draws back the thin veil
and glimmers mud spit,
where two falcons on keel
and blue waterman’s ride,
float mysterious airs
before what comes on next tide.

2 Likes

That is a beautiful piece of poetry. I feel privileged that it is based on my picture.

Thank you. It is an exceptionally fine image, and much more worthy than my machinations in meter. Kind of near a speechless moment, really, where you pull away the viewfinder from eye, post-click, hoping you’ve captured one-tenth the meditative balm that the eye-to-brain-to-soul connection is presently providing. Like many of these wonderful images shared here. Perhaps the pinnacle in our reason to push ourselves with paddle to these (stealing from Van the Man here) haunts of ancient peace.

1 Like

Haunts of current peace.

1 Like