Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

Yeah, but…

Rain paddling is fun when it is falling. Not so much when the rain is moving laterally from wind storms vice falling.

2 Likes

Getting Nasty at Goose
51 55’39"N 128 25’56"W

6 Likes

I think you PNWers may be better adapted to rain than most of us - but we enjoy it too…
Visually its like fog - the soft edges are comfortable in their way. It gets more uncomfortable on the third or fourth day. The visual charms seem less charming.

Wisc. River 2010 - That dot on the waterline on the left side is Boyscout, who used to post here a lot.

And just a little later.

Jump River, WI. Guideboatguy and Rena

And me on the same day,

2 Likes

Before I retired if it was planned it was a done deal. Now that I have time, I don’t go in questionable weather.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s a big smile in the last picture!!

2 Likes

It is. It was pouring buckets - one just has to laugh heartily at yourself when engaged in something that goofy. The phrase “crazy as a loon in a bowl full of tuna fish” sometimes comes to mind. And it was a planned done deal, as string said. The shuttle was run - we were going paddling. Period.

2 Likes

SSV Corwith Cramer at sunset. 134’ steel brigantine operated by the Sea Education Association out of Woods Hole MA. She has been here in St Pete for a couple of months waiting for the next at sea program to begin.

3 Likes

Spring Island, Kyuquot Sound. Can you see the kayaks?

3 Likes

I’ve never been to Spring Island.

Dawn on the start of an autumn bewilderness paddle. It was cold.

7 Likes

Frosty. It was.

2 Likes

The Squamish & Elaho rivers in BC Canada, not sure if that’s Fraser Canyon

2 Likes

First paddle with a new to me Ellesmere

5 Likes

All taken paddling… of course… sportin an old pnet perk…

9 Likes

Ski area in Background at right, Water now up to a toasty 45 Fahrenheit.

3 Likes

Morning on Cockle Bay
52 20’54"N 128 23’37"W

6 Likes

A friend took this cool photo of me on the Chassahowitzka River (central FL) on Saturday.

5 Likes

"Where the hell is Chassahowitza ?"or that’s what the t-shirt says. My brother and I spent a couple of days there in a dump but it was close to the ramp. And there were a couple of manatee families close by.

1 Like