Pretty Pictures - Just Pretty Pictures

I do on my regular camera, but have not tried on my kayaking cameras, including the FZ300. I have not had that much trouble with reflected light off the water, sometimes it becomes a feature. And I am loath to have another set of surfaces to get wet. I do have a UV filter on it, and that has been a bit of a pain to dry out between trips. After cleaning, I take the filter off and put the camera and filter on a heating pad for a bit. But if I was taking more time for photography, if it was more central to the reason for kayaking, I would play with one.

If memory serves, some photos in the wildlife photo thread may have been taken with an FZ300:

Wildlife photo thread - Paddlers’ Place - Paddling.com

Ooh! I hadn’t seen that thread. Thank you for pointing me to it, and for the tips.

pretty much all of my photos in there were also taken with the Lumix

1 Like

5 Likes

Some of the Oldies but goodies:
Sphagnum bog
Sphagnum bog 01
Heading out:
Departure Arena 01
Heading in:
heading in 01

6 Likes

Morning in the Goose Group
Snipe Island, BC
51 55’38"N 128 25’55"W

5 Likes

Took these biking today. According to Google Earth the osprey nest is 100 yards from the bike path. I cheated and steadied the camera on a post for the close-up.
Zoomed out:

Zoomed as far in as optically possible:

2 Likes

Thanks for this!

Nice image 3,
Morning’s early light is magnificent…

1 Like

Thank you

That’s about they lowest osprey nest I’ve seen. Looks lower than day marks in the channel. Must have been the best around.

They seem to prefer cell phone towers but this one has been occupied for years.

Ospreys of somewhat lower expectations.
Perhaps this pair has stooped to much lower predatations?
Though it’s an aerie that is very subject to a wicked tide,
I don’t suppose these swivel toes quibble over shorter workday glide.

On the water first light had this lake all to myself. Caught some small bass. Life is good.

6 Likes

9 Likes

This is so lovely. I need to paint this in watercolor.

1 Like

Just came back from 10 days in New Hampshire (where I spent summers growing up). A very nice break from the heat and humidity in Florida. Did some hiking as well as paddling on Newfound Lake.

7 Likes

Thank you. That’s a very nice thing to say.

1 Like

2 Likes

Karst limestone on the banks of the Suwannee River, FL

Lunch in the cypress on Lake Marion, SC

Folly Sunset, SC

6 Likes